1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Acquisition!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by travelfeet, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Oct 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    travelfeet

travelfeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Troy, NY
    Vehicle:
    02 xtra 4x4 v6
    Just joined the club. Picked up an '02 xtra cab 4wd sr5 auto - 94k miles, frame replaced back on 09, still looks good. (I'm in upstate NY). Has reese hitch but not the towing package (fan clutch is orange). Looks like its been off road a bit as there are a few more paint chips and little dents than I would expect for just road miles. Tire and brakes look brand new.

besides the new frame at ~55K (plus rear shocks and muffler) dealer service records show, o2 sensor replacement @ 60k, air/fuel ratio sensor replacement at 72k (what's that?), the spare tire carrier replaced @92k

The air filter was fubar upon delivery - grey and packed with seeds. (yeah I didn't check it on my test drive), under hood fluids look good though trans fluid is ready for a change. That's on the list for today along with checking diff and transfer case.

bad news is rear springs are soft as indicated by axel-wrap. Going to try the band aid spring clamp fix for now. I knew about this pre-purchase.

What I did not know about was the gas leak I discovered this morning. :mad: Tank was almost empty at delivery, and I filled it up last evening. I did smell a little gas, but didn't think much of it as I also added some fuel system cleaner and spilled a little. This morning there is a 12" stain on my gravel driveway, and a visible drip that looks like its coming from the middle of the seam on the outside edge of the tank.

I purchased from a small dealer, no warranty, but he told me to let him know if anything was amiss. He may not have known about the leak. I'll see what he can do.

I paid $9400. Within the Northeast, and even if I have to buy a new gas tank, I am still satisfied with the deal.

What do you think?

2. Oct 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

3. Oct 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    travelfeet

travelfeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Troy, NY
    Vehicle:
    02 xtra 4x4 v6
    Thanks, and the seller is putting in a new gas tank. Woot!

4. Oct 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome! :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top