Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New guy from NE Missouri

Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
TrumanTacoma is on a distinguished road
TrumanTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
New guy from NE Missouri

Hey everybody, you've got another new guy to deal with now.

I'm currently a sophomore Agricultural Science student at Truman State University in Kirksville, MO. I lived and worked on our family dairy farm South of Kansas City before last year and over this past summer.

Anyway, on to the important stuff. I drove a Ranger all through high school and loved it, but it was a salvage title when I got it and was in no shape to travel the 3.5hr drive to school. Due to the fact that we are a grass-based dairy (cows are outside all the time) and the drought that summer really destroyed our grass crop, we had no money. SO, being a car fanatic myself, I had to pick a car for college that was cheap, fun, and reliable. I know I'm going to catch some serious flack (flame suitn), so I bought a Miata. What a fun car, in a few short words. I had plans for it too; swap, boost, track-ready suspension, the works. It was a '91 with only 77,000 original miles on it, and both previous owners could've been in an AARP commercial.

After a winter up here, and going home to the farm, and the fact that my girlfriend HATED that car, I sold it. So after much deliberation, I whittled it down to three possibilities: a Wrangler :doh: a Cherokee XJ, or a Tacoma. Long story short, this one just plopped right into my lap.

It's a '95, 2.7, 5-speed, 4x4, DLX. It had 191k on it when I looked at it, the seats were torn up, there was an obnoxious exhaust leak, BOTH rear leaf springs were (and still are) shattered, the a/c didn't work, there were dings and dents everywhere, the camper shell was awful, and the clutch was on its way out. Nonetheless, I saw it as a project, and it's all downhill from there.

So, here I sit, with a brand-new clutch, a completely-rebuilt a/c system, new brakes, and some self-painted wheels from 1987. So far, being a college student has prevented me from a 1UZ swap so far (haha), but I'm planning on fixing everything before I start to change things, a lesson I learned with the Miata.

I'm excited about owning this thing, and can't wait to see where it goes. I'm here to learn and probably ask stupid questions, so I apologize in advance. I've been on forums enough to know to read the newbie section, so no worried there. Enough talking, how about some pics!

Here's the Miata, just for fun. I installed the rollbar myself as well as the coilovers to give it the drop.
[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/crap_carat/media/Photo0088.jpg.html][IMG]http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/

And now onto the real deal......

Day after I bought her (got the Stabbin' Cabin off as fast as I could)

Two days after....

Pulled a trailer for the first time with it, realized:
a) I should've bought a V8 and
b) yep, need a new clutch
[IMG]

Some stock flex

Obligatory Yoda sticker

Fraternity, 'Merica, and WMATMA stickers

Wheels and Copulation Cover reattached

How she sits now

That's it so far! Mods aren't far off.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
CalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura aboutCalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
CalTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics and story!!
Welcome to TW
Keep posting up pics for you have a great looking 1st GEN
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
unRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the rough

Army: Big Red 1
Name: Derrick
unRAVeled's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Copulation cover for a quickie...LOL
Old 10-31-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!