1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Loss of Power - Could be the A or B Solenoid in your Tranny

Discussion in 'New Members' started by galva777, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Oct 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    galva777

galva777 [OP] Member

Member:
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    none
    Hello everyone, like some of you I encountered the dreaded loss of power. I took the information that I learned on here and applied it. My Tacoma is 2000 4 x 4 with the 3.4L automatic . About a month and a half ago I started having the "Loss of Power issues. I changed the plugs, wires, coil boots checked for vacum leaks and cleaned the MAF. I was still having these issues. Monday evening I was driving to my twins football game and it happened again. I got pissed :mad: and kept stomping on the gas petal. Previous to this I had taken it to Autozone twice to see if we could pull any codes none came up. Well after I slammed on the petal that evening I felt a big jerk then power resumed but I also got the check engine light. I went to Autozone and the code PO750 came up. What I failed to mention in the beginning is Aug 2011 I had my tranny rebuilt. The A solenoid in the tranny was barely working but must have finally given out that's why I was not able to pull any codes. I took it back to the tranny shop and the warranty was still good a day later which happens to be today I have my Tacoma back and it runs perfect. So the Solenoids may be bad in some cases but still working that is why some of you may not be able to pull codes on this issue.
    I hope this helps someone because I know I was frustrated :mad: for awhile. Thank you to those who have previously posted. Your help and knowledge is greatly appreciated :D

Products Discussed in

To Top