I've had many Tacomas over the years and have enjoyed their reliability and great resale value. Finally it was time to get me a new one and I guess I should have paid more attention to detail before buying it but it seems the quality has gone down compared to my previous models.
Only 600 miles on it.
1. Vinyl door trim is coming loose (new ones dont' have cloth, rather cheap vinyl on the doors).
2. Small pieces of dirt or something were painted over in the clearcoat process and I have some bumps in the paint.
3. There is no outside temp gauge inside the truck. I didn't even think to look for it when I bought it because I thought something that simple would be standard.
4. Seat covering has creases in spots and in some places it looks like the foam is not formed properly under the cover.
5. They forgot to tell me about the Smog Pump that makes the unusual noise when you turn the truck off. Why do other cars not make this noise??
I noticed my truck was made in Mexico and I thought they were all made in San Antonio now. I guess not.
Now back to the dealer for some explaining to do even though I should have paid more attention when I bought it but I never expected it based upon my past experience with Tacomas.