1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl. Do they still make them?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tacojim17, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Nov 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    Tacojim17

Tacojim17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hi,
    I had a Ford Ranger for 26 years, it ran great, until someone totaled it a few months ago. I've heard nothing but good stuff about Tacomas. because of the gas prices, i'm leaning towards the 4 cylinders. The 2.7L might have more zippity Zip than my Ford 2.3L, but I also like the body styles. Ranger went off production in 2011, so tacaoma is the ONLY mid-sized enrty level truck.

I was talking to a guy today with a 2004 Pre-Runner SR5 access cab, Automatic 4Cyl.!!! Overdrive. That's right a 4 cylinder. I had no idea they made those, but do they still today?? I loved that body style. I did a search tonite for this same spec, and it only showed a 5-speed manual,Pre-runner, and of course the 6 cylinders. I called a few toyota dealerships and they all could not tell me anything about this, so that's why I'm here.

Because toyota has the corner on the entry mid-sized market, and because they hold they value, I still believe they are INSANELY OVERPRICED! :eek:

a 2012 reg. cab Tacoma, 29K miles, 2.7L 5-speed, selling for 17,500.00 Out the door. it;s been sitting after certification for more than a month, i was interested and offered 16800, but he just laughed at me, but her thought it would have sold the day it was put up for sale. it's at a dealership, so i know they want to get as much as they can.

So what i'm looking for is a taco, access cab, 4cyl. man. or Auto, slider widow, dark metallic gray or dark blue, a pre-runner if they still make them in a 4 Cyl. But those of you with a 6 Cyl., are gas prices really that much worse than a 4Cyl???? Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. Nov 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    As far as i know they do still offer the 4cyl pre runner, and any TRD package adds the v-6.

If you push your truck or tow then the v6 will get better MPG, and quite a few people who have bought the 4cyl end up wanting the v6 because the way most people drive the MPG difference is negligible.

Products Discussed in

To Top