1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unstable handling

Discussion in 'New Members' started by frustratedtoy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Nov 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    frustratedtoy

frustratedtoy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 prerunner trd
    04 Prerunner xtra cab at highway speed becomes very unstable and sways when going thru a dip or a bump on the road. Had into several Toyota Dealer shops, they verify; yes there is a problem. Unable to isolate and repair. Replaced rack, lower ball joints, struts, shocks and several 4 wheel alignments. I still have the problem. Is there anybody out there with the same problem and found the fix?

2. Nov 22, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    My guess would be to check all the bushings in the suspension and steering, if that hasn't been done already. I hear that a bad bushing can be difficult to locate.

Hard to believe that more than one professional shop hasn't fixed it yet. They did make a lot of money off of you, though, replacing perfectly good parts :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top