1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission Slip

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jqadams49, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Nov 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Jqadams49

Jqadams49 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Kailua-Kona, HI
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    I have a 2013 TRD Off Road. When backing out of my driveway on to a steep hill and shifting from R to D (auto trans, 2 wheel drive mode) as I'm depressing the accelerator, I sometime hear a rapid clicking sound and the transmission doesn't engage. Additionally, the slip indicator light comes on. The dealer's response was 1) I should read the manual and 2) give it more gas! Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, how was it resolved. Thanks.

2. Feb 29, 2016 at 4:39 PM
    king22spade

king22spade Member

Member:
    First Name:
    king22spade@yahoo.com
    king22spade@yahoo.com
    Vehicle:
    king22spade@yahoo.com
    bhlm, black badges,black stock jbl stero,2.5'' level kit, k&n air filter.
    I am having a similar issue but mine is when I'm sitting on a hill at a stop light or for any reasonable amount of time it seems to disengage when i attempt to accelerate it just doesn't want to go it will rev to about 1500-2000 rpm and just scream as it creeps up the hill. any info relating to this issue would be nice I tried the drain and flush with the dealer no luck still same problem.

3. Feb 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM
    Frogging

Frogging Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DEREK
    ORLANDO, FL
    Vehicle:
    DCLB 4.0 2wd
    ASV vent visors LED tailgate brake light Weathertech floor mats Wish list:Maxtrac Spindles New leaf pack Extended rear shocks Braided Brake lines Konig countersteer Anodized bronze 285/70/18 tires NST Crank lite pulley setup XTP intake manifold spacer Neoprene seat covers Fiberglass fenders Power sliding rear window 1" Spacers for rear wheels
    Not under warranty anymore?

Flush and refill Tranny fluid maybe?I

I would try this $10 Product before going too far. LUBEGARD brand. either DR Tranny or the ATF protectant. I used it for Torque converter(in an F350) shudder and it literally worked within 20 miles after being added. not the same issues as yours but might be worth a try before a new torque converter

Products Discussed in

To Top