1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First time toyota owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TRD Larry, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Sep 24, 2007 at 8:09 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Picked up 08 on Saturday. 4x4, sport package, trailer package, 6 disc cd changer, black color, manual 6sp. First mod was sport pedals. Plan to put a tonneau cover on this weekend. After that I plan on Billet grille, short shifter, TRD cold air package, cat back dual exhaust. I have owned fords and chevys, but always run into problems when I got around 100,000 mile, so this time I went with a Toyota. Plan to get at least 200,000 miles before major problems. This looks like a goood forum to discuss issues and gather opinions.

2. Sep 24, 2007 at 8:32 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw, larry!! sounds like you got a real nice ride, and your mod list looks good too. you got any pics of the tacoma??

3. Sep 25, 2007 at 4:18 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I need to take a couple of pictures and post. I picked up a set of all weather tacoma floor mats today. I live in the east and the weather will be turning cold and ugly, so I needed something to protest the carpets.

Saturday I am picking up a tonneau cover and going to look into a clear (invisible) bra for the front end. My last truck was also black and the nicks take their toll on the front. My last truck had a chrome bumper, but this truck has a painted bumper. The investment in the bra I hope will pay off. The last truck I had the grille and hood repainted beause of chips and nicks.

Tacomaman06, I see in your mods you have a dual exhaust setup. Did you buy a kit or have the pipes custom bended? I was crawling under the truck last night and I see where I have 2 catalyic converters. Never saw that before on a small truck. Usually the 2 pipes go into 1 and then into the converter.

Products Discussed in

To Top