1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sawdust, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Jan 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    hakabo

hakabo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Concord, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 urban runner 4x4
    Just got this last month... love it. first order of business was to put meaner tires on it... went w/ the goodyear wrangler duratecs and have no complaints yet. pics to come soon

2. Jan 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    B.Radd.KO

B.Radd.KO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blanalin
    Prince George, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC TRD Std.
    HID Fog/Hi/Low 3000W RMS Stereo TRD Quickshifter TRD Supercharger TRD Exhaust JBA Headers
    Picked up a 2011 TRD DC. Barcelona Red. TRD Exh/Shifter. Manual, Leather, Shorty Box.

First new pickup. Second pickup that ive owned. Used to have a '94 Chev Single Cab, 350 standard 5sp. Did alot of wheeling in it (And left it in the bushes for a few nights every now and then).

Starting the tradition over again. Got the Tacoma stuck in the mud for 5 days. Pulled it out with a minihoe. Priciest tow bill i've ever had. Like to think if i had fatter tires i wouldn't have gotten stuck, i'll be getting some 12.5'' Intercos or maybe 15'' tread we'll see. I bought this truck cuz I missed my old chev and i was tired of getting my jetta stuck in retarded spots (I really did get it to some amazing spots, when ur wheeling a jetta you know its time to buy a truck.) Anyways im not afraid to beat this thing, break stuff, or leave it in the woods for a few days. Alot of people might think im crazy cuz of this, but w/e... guess i am.

Gonna be keeping track of my build and taking pictures n sh!t. Right now I'm trying to find a way to get a little more clearance while using a LT kit. Going Camburg front Giant Motorsports in the rear. Ive heard that TC makes a 3.5'' spindle lift... Wondering what kind of effects this has on the LCA/UCA or if it is even designed to work with LT, but i havent looked into it much (My trucks a 4x4 BTW). Anyways if ur reading this and have the answers or even a suggestion for my build (Or maybe you want to call me an idiot for some reason... hey it happens, i have that effect sometimes) go ahaed and PM.

The actual reason i joined this forum, btw, is cuz i found that damn Squeaky fan thread. Im not sure if im glad its not just me with this problem or disapointed. Gonna go drill a hole in it and crank some lithium in there. File the brushes while im at it, and pack a bunch of sound dampening crap around it. That oughta do the trick. Ive been going crazy cuz of that thing.

3. Jan 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    Swurvinin

Swurvinin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    11' PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Westin Step Bars, Westin Bull Bar
    Hey everyone!

Ive had my new Tacoma almost a year now. Ive commonly reffered to your site when i had questions so i figured id go ahead and join!

I love my truck... I have a 2011 PreRunner and think its the greatest thing on 4 wheels. In fact, i used to have an 07' TRD Off-Road and was forced to give it up for job reasons. As soon as i took a different position i went and bought another one!

Cool site, hope to get an opportunity to learn a lot about my truck!

Jason

4. Jan 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM
    98yoter

98yoter Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ash
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma sr5
    Hi all, I would have never known how awesome Toyota was if I didn't spend the last 6 years over in Okinawa, Japan. I bought a hand-me-down hilux surf (same thing as a 4runner) from a friend leaving to head back to the states the truck had 150,000 miles and ran like a new car. It was already modded so I didn't have to do anything (6 inch lift and 35 inch tires) I am here to tell you that thing was a tank!!! I couldn't get it stuck and the thing ran stronger than any other vehicle I had ever owned. I ended up owning the thing all 6 years and never ever and I do stress ever did I have one problem with it except for the starter, which took a half hour and I was back in business. Now that I am back in the states I purchased a 1998 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab Sr5 with 158,000 on the odo. I was a little weary at first about buying a vehicle with so many miles but I knew what I wanted and It was what I could afford. The thing runs like a dream even at its age! I am a big DIY'er but I don't know anything about modding so I will be on here a lot. Sorry for blabbing on I'm just excited to play in my ''new'' Yota!!!

5. Jan 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    MXZmagTacoUSA2012

MXZmagTacoUSA2012 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Bethlehem
    Vehicle:
    2012 Mag Gray DCLB
    Hello all, love the site! I got my 2012 Mag grey DCLB TRD Sport last month and wanted to say whats up!

6. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    2011trdyota

2011trdyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    athens ga
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM dcsb
    Xd wheels,falken a/ts flow master super 44 with a turndown. Soon to come: camo wet okoles, raptor satoshi, and NFab nerf bars
    [​IMG]

7. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    2011trdyota

2011trdyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    athens ga
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM dcsb
    Xd wheels,falken a/ts flow master super 44 with a turndown. Soon to come: camo wet okoles, raptor satoshi, and NFab nerf bars

8. Jan 23, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    skullysh

skullysh New Member

Member:
    montreal, can
    Vehicle:
    2012 trd sport
    rough country 3 inch lift
    I had a 2008 tacoma but toyota made me a deal on a 2012 i could't refuse

9. Jan 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    Eternal24k

Eternal24k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4
    Hey everyone.
    I just got my first Tacoma, a 2006 4x4 2.7L Access Cab to replace my 1992 Pickup, I have to say I am getting use to the BIG changes, I traded a nice car for this truck since rust is literally killing my Pickup. Hopefully I will learn to love this truck as much as I do my old one :)

10. Jan 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    thatguy0o0

thatguy0o0 trunk monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle:
    White '13 TRD Sport.
    Awesome truck buddy! Wish I could have gotten a new one...test drove it and everything but the new price didn't fit in the budget too well. Either way welcome to TacomaWorld from SD!!

11. Jan 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    bluefish

bluefish overkill is underrated

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    chitbox
    Whats up everybody, I've been reading the forum it's been a great tool, I will buy my first tacoma in a couple of months, likely a '12 dc sr5.

My '02 f150 has 170k and being a reg. cab it needs to go due to a baby due in may. Looking forward to tacoma, hopefully just as reliable as the ford and more fun to drive. Will be posting questions about mods I'm sure, lighting up the bed will be first priority.

12. Jan 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    thatguy0o0

thatguy0o0 trunk monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle:
    White '13 TRD Sport.
    Yeah I was a Ford man myself but needed something a little more "family friendly" as well so the Taco fit the bill better than any other truck I looked at. Actually the only other truck I liked was the Sport Trac lol so I broke the mold and did the right thing by going with the Tacoma and I LOVE IT!!! I am sure you will too! My little truck has done everything I have asked and more! Good luck with your decision.

13. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    Van

Van New Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off Road
    Hello to all,
    First time to actually join and post to a forum. Really great thing you all have going here, thanks for all the good info.
    I have a bone stock 2006 access cab that served me well for a year, then i had to pass it on to my dad for a couple years after a divorce and a new job that required a vehicle with a bit more payload capacity. Just got it back, and am about to level it out and put some airbags in the back to accomodate the loads i carry from time to time. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Haven't delved too deep as of yet, but you all have some great looking trucks so far.

14. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    Dcoma

Dcoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    5100's set @ 1.75 /Tinted window's/Vent visors
    Welcome congrats on the new ride.

15. Feb 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    Fury

Fury Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hi all.

Awesome forum. This will be a great resource.

I just got the ball rolling on my Taco (lol - cool monicker). I won't be in it for 4 weeks yet as it hasn't landed here in Canada yet.

It's a dark grey 2012 4X4 accesscab V6 Auto SR5.

I've owned 3 new bikes over the years but this will be my first new 4 wheel vehicle...

Can't wait !!!

Cheers
    Ray.

16. Feb 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    yoyak

yoyak Member

Member:
    I was told I need to post here so...

I bought a 2012 DC TRD Sport in Mag grey, in November last year. Its my 2nd Tacoma and I love it. I've been lurking on here for the last few months trying to figure out how I want to lift my truck...too many damn options, I can't decide.

Learned a lot so far but still need to get on here and ask some questions.

Anyway, Hello from Idaho!

Jason

17. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:36 AM
    RebelSpy

RebelSpy New Member

Member:
    Petal, MS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    It took 9 years for me to finally purchase MY first vehicle. MY first vehicle is a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 long bed and I LOVE IT! I bought it in October 2011, but I just learned about this site so that explains the delay. In case any of you are wondering why "my" is being capitalized when I'm talking about MY truck, this is why; I have worked for a few years now after graduating college and this is my reward to me. It makes me feel like all my hard work has accomplished something. :D I remember when the 2nd generation Tacomas came out in 2005, I went and test drove one for a weekend. I loved it, but there was no way a college freshman could afford it. I was devastated at the time, but encouraged at the same time because I had a goal. 6 years later, I have it!

PS: the mod bug has bitten me and boy do I have plans for MY truck

Tacoma.jpg
    Tacoma2.jpg

18. Feb 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    dwsyab

dwsyab Old Man

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Sturbridge MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    TRD Exhaust, rear diff breather mod, CB Radio
    Is that a "Lone Star" flag for Texas or a "Bonnie Blue" flag for the south? Just curious!:)

19. Feb 10, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    dwsyab

dwsyab Old Man

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Sturbridge MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    TRD Exhaust, rear diff breather mod, CB Radio
    Congratulations on reaching your goal!:headbang:

20. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    nubbs

nubbs Only from the waist down.

Member:
    First Name:
    Reverend
    Fontana, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    3.5" CST Spindle, 5100 Series Bilstien Shocks, 1 1/4" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, 295/75/16 BFG AT's, EBC Slotted and Dimpled Rotors, EBC Green Stuff Pads, K&N Drop-in, Pioneer Avic-Z110BT GPS Head Unit w/ E-Brake Mod, Ipod Integration, Integrated Pioneer XM Radio Receiver, 6 1/2" Infinity Kappa Separates, 6 1/2" Infinity Kappa Coaxles, Custom Speaker Adapters, PAC Stealth Backup Camera (Because anyone in a double cab knows you can't see the tailgate.)
    First off, congrats on the new Tacoma, you're gonna love it. Don't worry about the short bed, for as little hauling of your ply as it sounds like you do, you'll be just fine. I can honestly say that I have never been unable to fit something into my bed that I wanted to. But at the same time, it also serves as a good fall back for those times when you really don't feel like helping someone else out; "Sorry, beds too small, it won't fit." As for the double cab, I find that even when I'm in the truck alone, it's nice to have the extra space. It just adds a level of comfort, knowing that you're not crammed in a tuna can. You'll probably find the double cab to be pretty versatile as well, you'd be surprised what you can fit back there. Plus it's nice to have the extra cargo space in case of rain, without the need for a shell or bed cover. Welcome.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top