Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)

Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #2561
errrbodylovestaco is on a distinguished road
errrbodylovestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got me a new taco. With guacamole and salsa on the side. We don't need no leather seats, we don't need not TRD, hey! Dealer! Leave my taco alone!

I live in Denver, the land of where everyone panics and crashes when it snows.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #2562
berhan88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Berhan
berhan88's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Tacoma intermittent starting problem

Just signed on and i am very glad to join the forum. I am here to learn a lot from the well experienced people . I don't have much to offer but i am just glad to be here ask questions, learn from you people.
I bought a 1995 tacoma, 4 wheel, 5 speed and bought it from my neighbor.The truck was parked on the street for almost six months and was not runing and had clutch problem. Fixed the problem and it drives well but from time to time i have problem with engine not starting. It has brand new battery, when it starts there is no problem and when it does not start, there is no cranking and no turning. I replaced cluch start switch, start relay, and finaly cluch start cancel switch still no help. The problem looks like intermitant.Sometimes i mess either with the clutch start or the clutch start canel switch and the engine will start and won't have any problem for a while and now i am planing to change the starter, but before i do that i am going to need a lot of support or ideas. I also cleaned the battery terminals several times.Sorry for mumbling so much but i9 am excited to be here with the community. Thank You
Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #2563
Robert Bullion is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Robert
Robert Bullion's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful, I had the same issue with a '96 T100 (now Tundra). the issue was either the
clutch start switch or the starter. It burned up the starter circuit . A expensive fix, almost $1800.00.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #2564
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Name: Kaleb
Hockeyman90's Tacoma Gallery
I have been on here for a while but I have only started posting recently. I have a 2001 toyota tacoma gold sr5 with 75,xxx miles. Got it from my uncle who sold it to me. Never a day goes by that I am not thankful for my tacoma.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #2565
rusty lee is on a distinguished road

rusty lee's Tacoma Gallery
just bought an 03 looking forward to all the knowledge here
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #2566
Mosjef is on a distinguished road
Mosjef's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought an 09 Tacoma last week.........my first Toyota.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #2567
Lash is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremi
Lash's Tacoma Gallery
What's up everybody. Just registered... First new vehicle, first Tacoma and first time posting on a forum! Looking to get advice as I build up my new rig. Starting with a Tonneau this weekend.

- Jeremi
Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #2568
ez63 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ed
ez63's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my '13 DCLB Sport 4X4 for 2 weeks know...Pyrite Mica. I'm coming out of a jeep and looking forward to building up the Taco. I'm very impressed with the sight so far. It looks like there's lots of knowledgeable people here, just like the previous forum I was in. I kinda thought I would buy the Taco and pretty much leave it stock...NOT!
Attached Thumbnails
My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-img_0843.jpg  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #2569
Edison19 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Edison19's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Tacoma

I just got my 2001 Tacoma double cab and I love it. It's a PreRunner with the SR5 package. This is actually my second Toyota. I had a 1994 Toyota pick up and the car was fast, but I had to go overseas and I had to sell it. now, after a lengthy search, I found the one I wanted. Thanks for this site has lots of good information.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #2570
4lax4 is on a distinguished road
4lax4's Tacoma Gallery
That Tacoma looks sweet!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #2571
mc79 is on a distinguished road
mc79's Tacoma Gallery
New poster long time reader, Been with Tacoma's starting in 97 now got a 2011..
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #2572
MUV OVR is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
MUV OVR's Tacoma Gallery
Back in a Tacoma (almost)

My truck is on order coming from the plant in Texas....due in on May 8th. The VIN is already in my name and can't wait for it to arrive! Owned a Black '99 4X4 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road MT for 10 years and put near 200,000 miles on it...when I was informed Toyota was going to buy the truck back from me after 10 years due to the perforation in the frame! I live in Georgia now, but when I owned the Tacoma I lived in Michigan (with the salted roads in the winter) and when I was told my frame "may" have perforation I didn't waste a minute, ran out to my truck and wondered if the hole I just pushed my hand through (yes, my entire hand) was the perforation they were talking about. Holy crap! I had holes all over my truck frame!!! Scared the living bah-jeez-ous out of me and took it in to the Dealer. After a few weeks, yes, I was handed a pretty check that bought my next car (yes, a car), a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Supercharged 3800 V6, all-leather, sunroof, loaded....it was great, for a car. After a year, I traded it in to get back into a truck, this time a Black 2010 Silverado Extended Cab with the Z71 Off Road Package, 5.3L V8 and I love it....but it's too much truck for what I need it for now. And now, to this post...in one week, God willing, I will once again be back in a Tacoma. And guess what, it's black! LOL! 2013 DC TRD Sport, Tow Package, V6 AT, Window Tint....she's a beauty! As when I bought my first Tacoma back in 1999, I will be ripping out the stock HU and putting in something that will (oops, accidentally) blow the stock speakers so I can get some real speakers in there. Anyway, is it premature to be on here talking about the soon to be delivery? I think not. New HU, Speakers, XM Tuner, HD Tuner, Nerf Bars, and Cold Air Intake will keep me busy when I'm not spending time with my wife and daughter. Oh yes, and a Michigan "M" license plate is promptly getting installed on the front bumper....living in SEC country, I've got to get my mark out there!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #2573
jpcasiano is on a distinguished road

Name: Juan
jpcasiano's Tacoma Gallery
I like that bed cover you got on the new ride, did you have a price on that model? COngrats on the truck.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #2574
freddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Name: Clint
freddirt's Tacoma Gallery
Return To Toyota

Hey Everyone!
Finally returned to Toyotas with a brand new Tacoma... This is my first new vehicle and I am super stoked I went with Toyota. So a little back story for those who care.
I started off with an '85 SR5 4x4 reg cab short bed, yup, strait axle and EFI. It was an awesome truck and never let me down. I did a full rebuild of the engine with a slight bore enlargement. Did a custom cat back w/ magnaflow, custom stereo, bumpers, and had nice 31x10.50 on 15x8s. Then I moved to the desert where it struggled to pull the 75+ freeway speeds up any hill, and I had taken out the A/C system. I would bake in the summer!
So I got a '90 5 lug, reg. cab, short bed w/ 22RE. Put on an CAI, LCE header, and had a custom built cat back w/ magnaflow, and tint. Did up a nice stereo in that one too. That thing was so clean! It was the dark metallic grey. I kept her stock as far as suspension and tires cause it was just a DD street truck and toy transporter. It ripped pretty good. I would tear those fart pipe ricers up! Nothin' against 'em, just not my thing. It was kinda a mild sleeper, lookin' all stock. The only downfall to my '90 was that it didn't have A/C either! Bone head maneuver getting that one, but I was blinded by its cleanliness. I loved that truck but ended up wanting to go back to 4X4 and the need of A/C in the summer. So I looked for a nice 01-04 Taco...
All the ones I found that I liked were a bit outta my price range, with toyota's amazing ability to keep their value. So I settled for a clean '02 Ranger XLT 4X4 Super Cab. I figured, hey, this thing is cheaper, has the 4.0 V6, and the extra cab doors open! How could I go wrong... uh, I left Toyota.
Don't get me wrong I loved that truck too, but it wasn't a Toyota. I ended up doin' a CAI, throttle body spacer, custom Magnaflow cat back, and going with a 15x8 31x10.50 combo. Did a torsion bar crank to level it out, threw on some pro-comp shocks, and had my buddy build a nice aluminum front bumper for it. No one made a decent bumper that I liked for Rangers. Plus custom is cooler. I drove the wheels off that truck, but was always wishing I woulda went with a Taco. Well she started to head south on me, was costing a lot just to keep her going. Seemed like I was always having to fix or replace something, and thinking, I never had to do this when I drove Yotas. I mean, all rigs have their problems, but some of the crap that would go wrong on my Ranger was just weird, stuff that wouldnt happen on a Yota. So I was pondering the idea of getting rid of her.
Well the last straw was I had a new clutch put in, mostly due to the famous ranger throwout/slave assembly takin' a crap and had em do the rear main as well. When I got home, the rear main started to leak. So I took it back to the shop, and they replaced it. Didnt charge me labor, just for a new, better seal with speedy sleeve. I got off work at 6am after working all night, went and picked the Ranger up, and drove it to Vegas with the plans on looking at a few trucks that I liked. On the way down, I stopped and got some fuel and took a peek under the truck... Oil everywhere! I was po'ed. Thats when I decided the Ranger wasnt going home. Dont get me wrong, it was a decent truck and I enjoyed having it, but it wasnt a Yota. I had a few 05+ Tacos, a couple of Frontiers, and some F150s in mind, but my GF talked me into going with my heart and returning to Toyota, spending a few grand more, and getting a new one.
So a few hours later I was the proud owner of a '13 TRD Offroad DCSB Prerunner. Man she is nice! I got the "Magnetic Grey" and I was stoked cause it is close to the same color as the '90 I once had. I went with the Prerunner 'cause the pro/con for 4x4 didnt pan out for me. I pretty much am back to DD toy transporter status and I dont do as much wheelin' anymore. If I do go off road, its just dirt roads and washes. I liked the Offroad TRD over the Sport cause I at least wanted a little help of a locker if I needed it. Now I have about 1600 on the clock and couldnt be more happy I went back to Toyota. So far I traded out the trash can muffler w/ a Magnaflow. Now sounds just how I like. Other than that I am gonna keep her stock. The dealer, Findlay Toyota in Vegas, gave me a free tires for life deal, so that will keep me from changing out the wheels.
Enough of this novel and thanks for hearin' my story if ya read it all, lol.

And a big thanks to all Tacomaworld peeps for their posts and wisdom. You guys played a big roll in bringing me back to Yotas. As I was on the verge of going to Nissan to try somthin' different. Or stayin with Ford and getting an F150.

If you're curious here's a few pics of the old Ranger and the new Taco.
Attached Thumbnails
My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-ranger2bye.jpg   My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-truck1.jpg   My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-truck4.jpg   My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-taco-2.jpg   My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-taco.jpg  

Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #2575
gunmetalghost is on a distinguished road
Name: Lamar
gunmetalghost's Tacoma Gallery
First Timer

Hay Yall, this is my first post, but I have been looking at this site for over a year now, I got my Tacoma about 7 months ago. I bought it with everything it has on it, except for a few changes to the appearance. I just love my Tacoma, being a 4x4 it is perfect for me for hunting and fishing,as well as being my first car. I can not wait to do my first real modification, of a Aeroturbine exhaust which i saw on this site, and a "raptor style" grille.

Here are a couple pictures of my truck as i bought it.
Attached Thumbnails
My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-photo.jpg   My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-photo-1-.jpg   My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #2576
jim.hunter541 is on a distinguished road
Name: jimmy
jim.hunter541's Tacoma Gallery
new to the site

i just traded my 2000 cummins for my 2004 prerunner and i love it i thought id post in the new forum thread my first post and time on here just checkin stuff out. seems like it will come in handy with anything i need to know
heres a pic of my new truck and my old truck
Old 05-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #2577
TacoFL is on a distinguished road

TacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
Long time Toyota Owner - great forum

Bought my 02 Taco brand new off the lot that same year. Been my daily driver ever since. I vowed to keep it stock and reliable. Mission accomplished there...starting to think about mods now. I have been a gearhead (mostly trucks) for a long time...found this to be a great place to find info and share. See ya on the boards!

My current lineup:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...27515/cat/500][/url]
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #2578
Robert Bullion is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Robert
Robert Bullion's Tacoma Gallery
I had a '02,3.4 V6,4WD,5 Spd. Loved it. Lost it in a wreck. I now a a '09 Pre Runner 4.0 V6 automatic. The 02 was paid for, the '09 but I have notes now, UGH.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #2579
BBZ813 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Terminal Lance Coolie
Name: Josh
BBZ813's Tacoma Gallery
Hey yall, first time on a thread so be easy on the newbie.. Got a 03' Tacoma 5spd 4X4 with 240,000 on her. She hasn't had any major problems yet. ABS sensor is out from when a brake change went bad, new front left wheel bearings and the usual oil change/air filter. Everything else is all original parts but the clutch sounds like its finally going. Whats some other problems yall have had with yours?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #2580
Chucky836 is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
Chucky836's Tacoma Gallery
Brand new 2013 Tacoma Texas Edition

I've had this truck for about two weeks now and I can't stop driving it. It's my first new car and my first truck. Not exactly sure what I'm going to do to it yet but that why I'm here!

Already gone mudding =D

Me and my friend's F-150