1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota's since 81.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 33yrsoftoys, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Dec 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    33yrsoftoys

33yrsoftoys [OP] Over 40yrs now

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    mid Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2021 dcsb off road 6 speed manual
    Bilstein 6112's 5th clip 1/4" spacer driver's side. Icon tubular UCA's with Delta joint, wheelers superbumps, ECGS bushing. Allpro standard leaf packs, 5160's, U bolt flip kit with wheelers super bump's, extended stainless steel brake lines, carrier bearing drop. Icon rebounds 17" with Nitto terra grappler G2's 285/70/17's.
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.... but have quite a history with Toyota's. Bought my first one new in 1981. I've owned 4 more since then, currently I have an 01 trd off road and a 2013 double cab trd sport with a 6 speed manual. Quite a history for a guy that made his living and retired from GM as a master trans tech. Anyway I look forward to learning alot here, and maybe helping a little if I can. Joel.

2. Dec 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Welcome Joel! Lots of good people & info on this site.

3. Dec 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    33yrsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    mid Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 6112's 5th clip 1/4" spacer driver's side. Icon tubular UCA's with Delta joint, wheelers superbumps, ECGS bushing. Allpro standard leaf packs, 5160's, U bolt flip kit with wheelers super bump's, extended stainless steel brake lines, carrier bearing drop. Icon rebounds 17" with Nitto terra grappler G2's 285/70/17's.
    Thanks Scott. It does amaze me there's so many people with a passion for the toy's. Back in 1981.... it wasn't that way, you know. There were a few of us in Michigan back then, but not many.;-). We fabbed our own mods back then with cutting torches, welders, drill presses and such. Trial and error! It's a science now and reading this forum, there's plenty of guys good at it! Thanks again for the welcome, Joel.

4. Jan 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :wave: I was born and raised in Port Huron and lived in Indian River before moving to TX.

5. Jan 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    33yrsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    mid Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Hey Bob, I know both areas well! I used to fish for walleye on the St. Clair. As for Indian river.....got stuck there back in the 80's. Wasn't bad though. It got WAY WORSE on that same trip, north of sue st marie! 3 trucks to the axles! 5 miles off the road on a soft sand river bank. The biggest problem....no 4th truck! On our own, sinking by the minute! More to come. Thanks for the welcome, Joel.

Products Discussed in

To Top