1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma today

Discussion in 'New Members' started by firepilot, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Jan 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    firepilot

firepilot [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Lewiston, ID
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB Sport
    Hey All,

Doing the introduction thing here. New guy here from Lewiston Idaho. Picking up a new 2014 Tacoma DCLB in a couple of hours.

Long time Toyota Owner traded in a 2012 Trails Team FJ last year on a 08 Chevy Suburban. Suburban holds a ton of stuff, pulls a boat well but is just huge. Planned on keeping it for a while but on our Christmas trip it started acting up. Granted it has 143,000 miles.

Decided to go back to a Toyota so I started looking at Tundras, another FJ the RAV4, and even a Camry. Had almost bought a Tacoma a few months ago before I talked myself out of it and so decided to go for it. (didn't help the wife was was behind me saying "just get it")

Almost had a deal at one local dealership but started to get the bum rush on the deal. Told them I wanted to go home and think it over and got every cliché ever heard at a dealer. Not my style at all. Gave the worksheet to another dealer in town and 90 min later was on my way no sweat. Got what I wanted for my trade, got the truck I wanted all is well.

Love these forums as I was able to do a bunch of research before I pulled the trigger on the deal.

Previous Toyotas include a 2006 Tundra, 2006 Tacoma, 2008 FJ, 2012 FJ TT and the wife's Daily driver is a 08 4Runner Limited.I think we had a Sequoia and a Camry XLE in there as well.

So headed out to pick it up at 5pm and getting excited. 2014 Double Cab long bed Sport Edition in Silver. Can't wait to start personalizing it.

Looks like it will also pull my boat to the places I usually take it as well. The boat is a 21' Aluminum Jet boat that rolls across the scale at 5000 with gear and fuel. Never really tow it more than about 25 miles one way. Nice thing about living at the gateway to Hells Canyon. The trailer is a tandem axle with surge brakes so I believe it will do just fine.

Anyway long intro, thanks for all the available info.

2. Jan 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    Welcome aboard and your set up has my envy with both boat and location on top of that. Love the jet boats on the river.

3. Jan 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    Sloweburn

Sloweburn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Woodstock, ON
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
    3" lift. $10K in TRD options. Richie's semi-hidden bumper, and soon his Elka suspension
    Welcome to TW. Congrats on the new rig!

4. Jan 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM
    05Aztacoma

05Aztacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    Congrats on your new truck and welcome to TW!!:cheers:

5. Jan 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    firepilot

firepilot [OP] Member

Member: