1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good-bye winter. Hello mud season!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by E-squared, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Mar 20, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    K+N CAI, Magnaflow CAT's and Muffler, OBX Headers, Bilstein 5100's (set @ 2.5"), Complete Energy Suspension- Hyper Flex Bushings, Toytech AAL, A.R.E. MX Cap, Thule Rack, Sunroof, PIAA 540 x-white lamps behind Grillcraft MX Grille, PIAA 540 -Plasma Ion lamps on Westin safari bar, debadged, and a PIAA x-white dome light - Whoo-hoo!
    Hello to all, needless to say I'm a rookie to this forum, but not to Toyota's. Although my first car was a VW GTI 16v, I've been a proud Toyota owner ever since. Tacoma World and its members have provided me with valuable information and I hope to contribute back to this on-line community the same way. After spending hours reading different threads (sometimes during work) I feel as though I already know some of you. So, I'm looking forward to joining this forum and getting my truck dirty in all this mud up here in Vermont. Time to roll!

2. Mar 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    We are glad you are here. I owned a GTI once, great car! Welcome to the 'World'.:D

edit: we need pics........we love pics around here, but since you know us, you already know that.....lol

3. Mar 20, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Yay another Vermonter, I think that makes 4 of us :woot:

4. Mar 20, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Welcome!

5. Mar 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    K+N CAI, Magnaflow CAT's and Muffler, OBX Headers, Bilstein 5100's (set @ 2.5"), Complete Energy Suspension- Hyper Flex Bushings, Toytech AAL, A.R.E. MX Cap, Thule Rack, Sunroof, PIAA 540 x-white lamps behind Grillcraft MX Grille, PIAA 540 -Plasma Ion lamps on Westin safari bar, debadged, and a PIAA x-white dome light - Whoo-hoo!
    Hey Now! The GTI was a lot of fun; with front wheel drive and a pair of Nokia Hakk's, you were better off than most Ski-doo'ers (redneck for snomobiles). Only four Vermonters huh? I havn't seen too many green plates around here either but I'm sure they're out there. Thanks for checking in!

My Tacoma has never let me down. I bought it brand new in 2002 and it still runs and looks great. After spending so much time under an '85 Land Cruiser and a '96 pick-up, I finally decided to get a new truck. Since then I actually miss getting under the rig and working on it. Now that I own it, its time to put a little back into it. Afterall, if you take care of it, it takes care of you right? Well I'm looking forward to getting dirty again making modifications to my Tacoma. Can't think of a better place to get started. I'll be sure to post photos soon... but this is a busy weekend coming up! Enjoy-E2

6. Mar 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw!! you'll fit right in around here!! lots of good folks and awesome trucks to be met and seen!!:D

7. Mar 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Hey Tacomaman06 - If I remember correctly, you wanted to rid you rig of all its chrome, right?. I'm considering the same. I think black would look sharp against the lunar mist silver, aka IC8. Looking at you pictures I see you have a head start on me with converting to black. Very nice rig and thanks for making contact. Time to roll!

8. Mar 21, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    thanks man!! yeah..............i was on an anti-chrome mission since i got the truck. the only thing chrome on there now are the lug nuts!:D

9. Mar 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    Welcome to TW!

:wave:

10. Mar 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Thanks jayet_10. I'm off to find some of that mud(after completeing the honey-do list) - Tme to roll!

11. Mar 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

12. Mar 22, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Welcome to TW!!

13. Mar 22, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  14. Mar 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Thanks Guys - It's nice to see some familiar names checking in to say hi!

I spent some time debadging today - Did'nt finish but its certainly an easy process and I'm liking the change. Of course my wife didn't notice the dramatic results!

Uh oh, here comes Monday! Have a good one- Time to roll.

15. Mar 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Here is a recent photo of my Tacoma soon to go in for a frame inspection. [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top