Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Tacoma Owner from DC Area

Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Sarbastaco is on a distinguished road
Sarbastaco's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma Owner from DC Area

Hello Tacoma World,

I am the proud owner of a 96 tacoma 2.7 liter which I got a few months ago. Right after I got it I ran into what I thought was a game ending problem. When I was first looking at the truck I noticed that it had some rust on the frame which I didn't think was a big deal. I went ahead and bought the truck without doing an inspection but when I had it looked over there was two small hole in the frame (I know it was foolish of me and I payed the price). I pretty much thought I was effed especially when I called around a few shops who would all turn me down for doing any kind of welding/repairing to the frame. I eventually found a guy who welds roll cages for race cars to weld me a plate over the holes for a few hundred bucks that he says is stronger than it ever was in that spot so hopefully it will hold up. I was just happy to be able to keep my truck as I thought I would have to sell it or spend thousands on frame repairs. Other than that repair I changed the spark plugs and wires, changed all the fluids, rear o2 sensor, a set of goodyear duratracs, and other little things. When it gets warmer outside I plan on painting the frame with chassis saver to keep it from rusting further. I live in Maryland in the dc area and hope to meet up with members in the area to go play in the dirt with. Ive already been up to rausch creek which was great and plan on going to red cloud next weekend if anyone is interested ( I think there is still room for more). If you guys have any suggestions/comments dont be afraid to let me know. Im also a noob to forums so if I do something wrong Im sorry ahead of time.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
Highboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud of

Highboy90's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!