Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Just bought a 13 taco, did I get hosed?

Old 02-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #21
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Yep...... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...thread-14.html

Just curious, why do people deal with a dealer who is not flexible on price? Is it lack of research on going price, impulse buy, or some other factor?
Not every part of the country has 15 dealerships within 50 miles like we do.
OP is in North Dakota. He can drive for a day and not see another person. Supply and demand... the dealership has the supply, and they can pretty much dictate the terms and price whether it is fair or not.
It would cost the buyer a lot of time and hassle to go to another area... and it may not result in better buying conditions.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #22
VonElling is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SrA, Unit Deployment Manager
VonElling's Tacoma Gallery
The holes are from the license plate yes. But being military my state doesn't require the front plate so now I have these holes staring me down. Thanks for the heads up on the info online I'll look into that right now.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Not every part of the country has 15 dealerships within 50 miles like we do.
OP is in North Dakota. He can drive for a day and not see another person. Supply and demand... the dealership has the supply, and they can pretty much dictate the terms and price whether it is fair or not.
It would cost the buyer a lot of time and hassle to go to another area... and it may not result in better buying conditions.

This is dead on. I don't have another toyota dealer within 100 miles of me.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #24
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonElling View Post
The holes are from the license plate yes. But being military my state doesn't require the front plate so now I have these holes staring me down. Thanks for the heads up on the info online I'll look into that right now.

This will cover those holes right up...

Old 02-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #25
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of the issues you're talking about?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #26

Old 02-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #27
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
That's the "dent"?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #28
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadTaco View Post
You probably could have got a brand new '14 for that price
Meh. '13>'14 IMO.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #29

Old 02-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #30

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
The holes are for a front license plate, and the "dent" looks like a door ding. Your truck is fine.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #31
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
That's the "dent"?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #32
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The holes are for a front license plate, and the "dent" looks like a door ding. Your truck is fine.
I don't know man, that's pushing it. Insurance might total it.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #33

I called it a door ding. Thank you for your mockery
Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #34
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
At the end of the day honestly, I think you did OK. Are you going to look after it is the question.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #35

Just joshing you OP. Your truck is fine. Did you overpay, maybe a bit, but you do have a nice warranty, and the truck you want.
I wouldn't call those anything more then a scratch. Wait until about a year from now, and you'll be wishing those were the only spots.

I would see though if the dealer will hook you up with a paint pen though.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #36
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Lol i thought it was going to be bad. Dude your truck is fine. You probably paid about the right price considering location. North Dakota has alot of money flowing arond and shit is only going to cost more. Enjoy the truck
Old 02-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #37

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
I am happy and love the truck. I just can't help but to stare at my blank warranty book and dented door and feel sick about the whole thing
O rly?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #38
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dont be so sensitive on the interwebs. I know the Airforce babies you but man up alittle.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #39

Lol well thanks for the encouragement. I came to this truck from an 04 sti that was like a child to me, the truck will be no different. I have noticed some rust under the truck. I was considering touching up the undercarriage with rustoleum. Should I sand off surface rust prior to paint?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #40

Quote:
O rly?
Initial post said door ding. Looking down the truck there is a dent where the scratches are the size of a nickel