Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Just bought a 13 taco, did I get hosed?

Old 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #41
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonElling View Post
Lol well thanks for the encouragement. I came to this truck from an 04 sti that was like a child to me, the truck will be no different. I have noticed some rust under the truck. I was considering touching up the undercarriage with rustoleum. Should I sand off surface rust prior to paint?
Get ahead of the rust asap. Sanding, painting and then apply some fluid film to the frame and rocker panels.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #42
VonElling is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SrA BTZ DOR July 25th 2014
VonElling's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Dont be so sensitive on the interwebs. I know the Airforce babies you but man up alittle.
Ouch, this coming from a seaman!
Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #43
Chimichonga is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Chimichonga
Chimichonga's Tacoma Gallery
1.) You still have a nice truck, and those dents are minimal.
2.) How much is the topper worth? Some toppers are upwards of $2,000 (new). Could have contributed to the price.
3.) I paid less than you for a new 2013, in 2013. The dealer you bought from sounds like a sleeze ball.

If you'd like, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to enact some TW unity and spam the dealer's Yelp page, and other rating sites, with poor reviews. If you'd like this to happen, post the dealer.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #44

That would be awesome. Lithia toyota of grand forks, ND

The top is about 600 new
Old 02-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #45
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
I'm afraid he is right. Sounds like you may have been hosed.
In light of the pictures, I retract my previous statement. You did not get hosed. Overpaid, maybe a little.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #46
Army:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lithia-toyot...ks-grand-forks

I'm on it...
Old 02-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #47
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimichonga View Post
So you're going to spam a dealer because the OP overpaid for a truck? Last time I checked car dealerships were businesses not charities. The OP needed the truck right then and the salesman probably realized that. Also, even though it is certified, that doesn't make it a brand new vehicle it is still pre-owned. OP got a nice truck, probably at a pretty fair price for his area.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #48
Army:
I made a review. Will take 24 hours to show up.

What's the percentage rate on your loan, just out of curiosity?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #49
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
So you're going to spam a dealer because the OP overpaid for a truck? Last time I checked car dealerships were businesses not charities. The OP needed the truck right then and the salesman probably realized that. Also, even though it is certified, that doesn't make it a brand new vehicle it is still pre-owned. OP got a nice truck, probably at a pretty fair price for his area.
X2.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #50

I used my home town bank and got 2.19. I owe just over 25 on it
Old 02-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #51

32500 was before Tag tax title. I paid over 34000 out the door.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #52
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonElling View Post
Initial post said door ding. Looking down the truck there is a dent where the scratches are the size of a nickel
You definitely want to get the dings touched up. If they are down to the bare metal, it will begin rusting quickly in your state, and even if not, that is where your clearcoat is going to begin to fail. Once that begins, the only solution is to repaint the entire door.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #53
Army:
Agreed, businesses are not charities, and OP made a mistake. But that business clearly over-charged OP, and took advantage of his innocent mistake for what is a negligible profit margin to them. $32.5 would get him the same thing new (minus the topper) in most parts of the country. In 2014, businesses should know that they can't afford to assume risk by doing shady business, lest their practices will be revealed on stuff like yelp. Its just part of doing business in a capitalist country.

Regardless of the ethics behind it, OP is military, and I've got his back.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #54
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you'd like, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to enact some TW unity and spam the dealer's Yelp page, and other rating sites, with poor reviews. If you'd like this to happen, post the dealer.

You know, you should mind you own business, that's a true asshat move IMHO.

The OP is a big boy. If he wants to write a review, he will. Why does this matter concern you??????????

Negative Repped.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #55
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed, businesses are not charities, and OP made a mistake. But that business clearly over-charged OP, and took advantage of his innocent mistake for what is a negligible profit margin to them. $32.5 would get him the same thing new (minus the topper) in most parts of the country. In 2014, businesses should know that they can't afford to assume risk by doing shady business, lest their practices will be revealed on stuff like yelp. Its just part of doing business in a capitalist country.

Regardless of the ethics behind it, OP is military, and I've got his back.
Most parts of the country isn't North Dakota. You pay to live in the middle of nowhere
Old 02-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #56

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Just did some checking, a 2013 Tacoma TSS edition with 17k is 30k at my local dealership. No 4x4, no TRD package, no locker, no topper. 32.5k is definitely a fair sticker price
Old 02-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #57
Jonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: John
Jonek's Tacoma Gallery
Should have done your homework first ... (Research) .... Then this post would be non existent .... Gone .... Like your hard earned $$ .... I live in Pa , and years ago I was looking for a VW TDI (Jetta) .... Needed a good MPG vehicle for my long trip to work ... I did my homework ... Saved $5K by buying in Houston Texas ... Flew down for $104.00 one way , and drove the car home .... Nice savings , nice Adventure , New car on a long drive home .... Happy Happy ! Not to be rude butt .... You asked for the Hose in the Can !
Deal with it now and make the best of it ..... Somehow
We have all been there at one time or another with something we purchased ... And shouldn't have : (

The wise Man did not become Wise by doing all the Right Things ... He became wise by Learning from his Mistakes ....

So the Bright side of this purchase is that Maybe you just became a little Wiser ?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #58
2003c5ae is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: retired leo
Name: Dennis
2003c5ae's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy the truck . You overpaid a little bit but learned a good lesson. I do believe you are entitled to a car fax copy if they advertized it clean and also service records although probably couple oil changes and tire rotation only things possibly needed. Try some touch up on door and have fun not the end of the world.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #59
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
take some polishing compound to the streaks,call it a day.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #60
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's have a great resale value...order a new one through another dealership and trade it in. You might lose a few $$ but you will feel better with a brandnew truck. Why settle for something you're not happy with.

RJM