Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Just bought a 13 taco, did I get hosed?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
VonElling is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SrA, Unit Deployment Manager
VonElling's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a 13 taco, did I get hosed?

Okay so I just bought a 2013 tacoma double cab v6 auto with Trd off road package in MGM. The truck was a certified used toyota with 13k. I paid 32500 for the truck as they were unwilling to move on price. The truck came with a bestop topper, a bad door ding on the passenger side, and ZERO service records. The dealer assured me this was fine and I didn't need them but I BEG to differ. The truck came with only one set of keys, no gas, no carfax, and some awesome holes drilled in the front bumper.

At first I was stoked about this truck. But the more I think about everything, the more pissed off I get.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You probably could have got a brand new '14 for that price
Old 02-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #3

They tried to tell me that the certified used warranty was well worth the added cost. I paid about 1500 over book retail value
Old 02-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadTaco View Post
You probably could have got a brand new '14 for that price
I'm afraid he is right. Sounds like you may have been hosed.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Why worry about getting a good deal after the fact? Are you happy with the truck?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonElling View Post
They tried to tell me that the certified used warranty was well worth the added cost. I paid about 1500 over book retail value
Yes and no. Sounds like you should have asked for the issues you mentioned above be fixed before you signed the papers. Now you are stuck with those issues and have to fix them on your dime.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you return vehicles with 15 days? Just paying for mileage. Look into OP.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I paid the same price as you did for new. I would've tried harder to work the price down.

.. either way, you did get a good truck. You'll forget about the price after a while.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #10

I am happy and love the truck. I just can't help but to stare at my blank warranty book and dented door and feel sick about the whole thing
Old 02-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am happy and love the truck. I just can't help but to stare at my blank warranty book and dented door and feel sick about the whole thing
Lessons learned. Regardless enjoy the truck.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #12
wannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud of

Name: Zach
wannabetrd's Tacoma Gallery
Cpo

According to toyota cpo any body damage needs to be repaired I would say something to toyota about it
Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #13

Unfortunately in my state all sales are final
Old 02-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #14

Wannabe, how should I go about perusing that?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #15
wannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud of

Name: Zach
wannabetrd's Tacoma Gallery
New truck

Bring it up to the sales manager that they need to take care of it should say on your cpo packet that vehicle was free of excessive damage or something like that and if sales manager won't take care of you go to the owner or call a toyota rep cuz when we do cpo vehicle they need to be in like new condition worse case senario find a local paint less dent repair guy and see what he can do
Old 02-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #16

I'll call down to toyota tomorrow and talk to the manager. Thanks for the heads up. The door ding is down to the metal... The salesman I dealt with said the best he could do is give me a touch up pen...
Old 02-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #17
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Yep...... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...thread-14.html

Just curious, why do people deal with a dealer who is not flexible on price? Is it lack of research on going price, impulse buy, or some other factor?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
OP, do see about the dented door for repairs at Toyota.

Don't lose sight of the fact you bought a used vehicle at a dealer and they are in business to make money, not give cars away at cost.

They certainly bought the truck from the previous owner for much less, checked to out as OK and put it up for sale. That's the nature of the biz, so don't beat yourself up over it. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
13k, the only service it has needed is 2 oil changes.
Check the dipstick. Oil clean? They were probably done, if not, you have clean oil now, and the fact that is is clean now means there's no sludge shedding off into the new oil.
Log into the Toyota owner's web site, create an ID, set up your vehicle using the VIN, and it will show the maintenance history (at the dealership) and any recall information.
http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages

The lack of a Carfax and the dent in the door bother me a bit.
The holes in the bumper... license plate?

But ya... Tacomas hold their value very well, and dealer prices on used Tacomas (and Toyotas in general) less than 5 years old are generally so high as to make more sense to buy new... you're usually going to be within 10%.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #20

In my situation I had my car catch on fire... Claimed with insurance and needed a vehicle for work ASAP as my wife and I both work. It was pay for a rental or buy a new truck. I loved the color and it was the right body style/options. I had to have the locker and A- trac and wanted the dc short bed.

Hopefully they work with me on the door dings