1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Road Trip can you top it?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Back-N-Black Taco, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mar 26, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    Back-N-Black Taco

Back-N-Black Taco [OP] Papa Joe

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Black 06 4x4 4.0L SR5 TRD Sport PKG
    Factory Loaded with SR5, TRD, Sport pkg. Tow pkg, running boards, matching Fiberglass cap, bed liner w/carpet liner, bug deflector, and my fav. remote car starter!!
    Hey Im a neewbie on this forum but not new to the Taco world I just posted some of my road trip pics from summer 2007 17 days on the road with my 2006 Taco TRD SR5 4x4 my wife, three teenage boys and a friend from upstate NY to Socal to Tahoe and back home to NY over 7000 miles.

Day:1 first we left NY and went through the mid-west to St Louis MO. kinda boring until Colorado

Day 2: Left St Louis went across the Rockies than south on the $$ Millon Dollar Hwy in Durango highley reccomended.stayed in a Hotel

Day 3: we than proceeded to Four corners its the only place you can stand and touch 4 states @ once NM,UT,CO,AZ. we spoke to a local Indian there he said the best route to the Grand canyon is not the tipical way but Rt. 163 through Monument valley to Mexican Hat well worth it! we than proceeded to South rim of the Grand Canyon for lunch and proceeded to the Hoover dam were our temp gauge said 122*

Day 4,5: from there to Las Vegas to stay 1 nite at NY NY and the next at Treasure Island very gd time from there we left to cross the Mojave desert very early before temps got to High.

Days: 6-9 went Socal for some In-N-Out hung with relatives for approx 5 days San Clemente beach, Salt Creek and Laguna. Than it was time to go to Northern Cal took the long route

Days 10-14 proceeded to the Giant Sequioas wow!! from ther we traveled through and up to Yosemite crossed the Tioga RD. over to Hwy 89 north to South Lake Tahoe Richardson resort. camped for a week and than went home.

Days 15-17 drove to Reno NV. and headed east through the Salt flats in Utah. Made it home with no problems other than a over zealous park ranger @ yosemite for no seat belt.

we plan on doing something similar this summer 09 going to Yellowstone and Seattle than Socal.

CAN YOU TOP THAT!!

2. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    Nope probably cant but Welcome to Tw!

3. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    BHLM Bilstein 5100's BFG AT 285's HID (6000K) Maglite Grillcraft Grill debadged
    Hows it going! Thats one hell of a trip!!! You've visited more states in 17 days than i've ever been to in my entire life( 23 years old)!!!

Those are some amazing pics!

4. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    Sounds like a very fun trip!! Salt Creek beach is pretty cool...Very nice place to go..

5. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    Back-N-Black Taco

Back-N-Black Taco [OP] Papa Joe

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Black 06 4x4 4.0L SR5 TRD Sport PKG
    Factory Loaded with SR5, TRD, Sport pkg. Tow pkg, running boards, matching Fiberglass cap, bed liner w/carpet liner, bug deflector, and my fav. remote car starter!!
    I reccomend it you cant really see the USA from a damn Plane!! get out put those miles on the road and off. If you wait till you have loads of cash to travel you will never leave your couch. :tumbleweed:

6. Mar 27, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    [​IMG]
    I almost get hit every time I drive there right after that when the interstate drops you onto 70 West in down town St. Louis in that sunk down part of the highway.

7. Mar 27, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Welcome to TW! I traveled all of 1.6 miles to IN and OUT does that count lol, it does look like you travel alot good stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top