Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

hello. new guy here. first truck, first toyota, and first 4x4 ever.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
Diemaster is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
Diemaster's Tacoma Gallery
hello. new guy here. first truck, first toyota, and first 4x4 ever.

Hello just wanted to say that i have been browsing the forums here for a year or so and finally decided to create an account.

i inherited my dads 2004 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4 double cab with short bed shell and short bed popup camper.

i already know some of the common stuff and DIY mods like grey wire mod and deck lid mod.

im a Honda civic guy......no not the fast n furious, nitro sucking, stereotype. so this is my first truck, Toyota, and 4x4 ever. im so used to getting 35 mpg all day w/o trying hard so im dreading the mpg i will get with the v6. im hoping 25 mpg will be achievable but it's probably a high goal to achieve.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and once you own a 4x4 you won't want to go back to a civic.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on inheriting your pop's Taco! I don't think that you will be getting 25 MPG, but with the proper gas/braking technique I am sure that you can achieve a 22 MPG average in that year/style Taco. Best of luck to you and Aloha from Hawaii!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #5
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 02-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster View Post
. im hoping 25 mpg will be achievable but it's probably a high goal to achieve.
Ain't gonna happen...... not in a V6. Welcome and congrats on inheriting a great truck!!

There are trade-offs. With less gas mileage, you've gained 4WD, towing, hauling, and new adventures that your civic could never take you.

Don't worry about the gas mileage.....enjoy the truck for what it can do for you.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
My 2003 v6 4X4 TRD is my first truck as well. Before that I had a honda civic too. I had both for a while. The civic was my daily driver until the head gasket, exhaust manifold and catalytic converter all crapped out. I miss the 35mpgs. My truck's an auto and the civic was a manual so I miss the manual.

I've been thinking if getting some kind of moped for local stuff. U