Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

grinding noise when go straight or turn left

Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
ze4me is on a distinguished road
Name: ze
ze4me's Tacoma Gallery
Question grinding noise when go straight or turn left

I just bought a salvage tittle prerunner recently, It makes grinding noise when driving straight or turning left, no noise when turning right. Can it be my left bear ring? That's where it was hit front left corner.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
It would be very tough to guess on a salvage vehicle. Does the grinding noise seem to be rotational? Faster and slower with the wheel speed. If so it may be a bearing. Is it four wheel drive? There's a lot that could be off just a bit.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
ze4me's Tacoma Gallery
Yes its rotational grinding & it getting louder as u go faster and rotates faster.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 AM   #5
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Is it 4-wheel drive? Axle or bearing. Better to find it and fix it than to keep driving.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
ze4me's Tacoma Gallery
No its not a 4x4, just a pre runner. Yeah I will try to replace both bearing on both side. Wonder how much will it cost to replace them. Thanks a lot zeropilot