Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Noise from under the passenger side at 1110RPM

Old 02-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
anamor is on a distinguished road
anamor's Tacoma Gallery
Noise from under the passenger side at 1110RPM

Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4.0 Manual

Check Engine light on. I have an intake manifold leak which I cannot locate. I apparently have got an exhaust leak with no visible signs. I took it in to midas and got the exhaust system check but they said that there isn't any problems.They checked the catalytic converter all 4 oxygen sensors and all the connections and its all solid and checked out.
In conclusion I have the check engine on, my fuel consumption is horrible. When I accelerate and I am at around 1110 RPM I always get a major rattle from the passenger side.

I serviced my truck regularly new belts keep up with the oil changes Synthetic only.I got new spark plugs ,new MAS airflow sensor. Midas said that all 4 O2 sensors are good. Any advice would help.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #2
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Find another shop. Check engine. Rattle. Poor fuel mileage. Is your cat converter plugged up?
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
whisk3ythrottle is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
whisk3ythrottle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamor View Post
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4.0 Manual

Check Engine light on. I have an intake manifold leak which I cannot locate. I apparently have got an exhaust leak with no visible signs. I took it in to midas and got the exhaust system check but they said that there isn't any problems.They checked the catalytic converter all 4 oxygen sensors and all the connections and its all solid and checked out.
In conclusion I have the check engine on, my fuel consumption is horrible. When I accelerate and I am at around 1110 RPM I always get a major rattle from the passenger side.

I serviced my truck regularly new belts keep up with the oil changes Synthetic only.I got new spark plugs ,new MAS airflow sensor. Midas said that all 4 O2 sensors are good. Any advice would help.
I just installed a K & N intake and Borla exhaust and I have a rattle on the passenger side at about that same RPM. I don't have a check engine light on and I get about 17 mpg 70/30 city/highway. I've checked all the exhaust bolts because that is what it sounds like but they are all tight. I don't always have the rattle but it will randomly do it. I'll let you know if I find something.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
anamor is on a distinguished road
anamor's Tacoma Gallery
170 000 KM on my Tacoma

thanx for all the quick replies....passionate Toyota owners on this site...

I had some time today I popped in the scanner...I have a whole bunch of codes

P0174 SYSTEM TOO LEAN (BANK 2)
P0300 RANDOM MISFIRE DETECTED
P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit
P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input
P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank1)
P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank2)
P0441 EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM INCORRECT PURGE FLOW
P2195 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Signal Stuck Lean(Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P2196 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Signal Stuck Rich (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P2197 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Signal Stuck Rich (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P2198 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Signal Stuck Rich (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P2A03 A/F sensor circuit slow response (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

So yea its like a freaking X-mass on the dashboard with the engine light.

So I have a rattle at 1100 RPM bad fuel consumption ...checked the exhaust system at midas...I cannot locate a leak in the exhaust or the intake at all...I am hopeless.......