Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello from Arizona

Old 12-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
burby29 is on a distinguished road
burby29's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from Arizona

Hey guys. Thought I'd join the forums since I'm in the market for a new Tacoma. Any advice you guys have for dealing with the snakes at dealerships would be great.

Cheers
Old 12-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Check out this post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd....html#post1221
Old 12-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forums. What package/model you looking for?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
burby29's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking into an 06' or 07' Prerunner Double Cab with a Sport Package.

Thanks for the link tcBob. Good advice in there.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, welcome to TW. Forget the 06. Get the 07 instead.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there welcome to TW check out the forums we talked about when to get a good deal in purchasing a new taco.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 AM   #7
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, be sure you stay informed on msrp's and be sure to check all of your local dealers to find the exact trk you want. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't like there bull and walk out..

Jeff
06 4x4 accesss cab,6spd, bright red
Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #8
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Welcome to TW! Check out this post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd....html#post1221
This thread is the best advice I've found on buying a new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
Hey, welcome to TW. Forget the 06. Get the 07 instead.
I agree.. We got our 07 on Halloween. It is a Prerunner doublecab long bed TRD sport package Dark Indigo Pearl! I love that truck!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #9
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMyTaco07 View Post
I agree.. We got our 07 ....
Cool... you did the right thing. Have fun
Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #10
burby29's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and I are going to brave hell and go shopping tomorrow. We've talked to a fleet manager at Power Tempe Toyota and he offered the truck $300 over invoice since we are Costco members. However, they were only willing to give wholesale auction price for my 04' Mitsubishi Ralliart trade-in. I thought that was crap since KBB showed trade-in value almost $2000 higher, so I thought I'd look elsewhere. We're going to give Superstition Toyota a shot, even though I've heard that they're all snakes in the grass. Wish me luck....
Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
Good Luck!!!
It only has to be as hard as you make it...
Have fun with it! Make it enjoyable for you and for them too. Be confident and solid about what you ask.
Another route is to say that you got this quote for $300 over invoice from Power Tempe Toyota and that you want them to beat that with a better trade in offer and tell them what you want for your trade in. It can be a quick easy sell for them if they accept!
If they won't give you want you want, how you want it; then it is their loss and someone else will get your business.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW and good luck on getting the truck!!

Former Fellow Arizonan here (Born and raised in Tucson)
Old 12-05-2006, 05:34 AM   #13
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by burby29 View Post
We're going to give Superstition Toyota a shot, even though I've heard that they're all snakes in the grass. Wish me luck....
Please pay a little extra and buy from a reputed dealer who won’t jerk you around if and when you run into problems with service and warranty issues.

Cheers
Old 12-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #14
burby29's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses guys. I've been doing a bit of research over the past month and it seems that most everyone has the same advice. Like you said LovinMyTaco07, if they can't beat it, I'll just get up and leave. There are plenty of dealerships here in the valley. Thanks again guys.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #15
burby29's Tacoma Gallery
Well guys.. I did it! Superstition Toyota matched Power Toyota's offer of $300 over invoice for an 07' Double Cab Sport. They also gave me $9200 for my trade-in, which was just under KBB. Only problem is the truck I wanted (Silver Sport) was not in stock. It should be in today or tomorrow right off the truck. I'm going crazy here with excitement and anticipation. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by burby29 View Post
Well guys.. I did it! Superstition Toyota matched Power Toyota's offer of $300 over invoice for an 07' Double Cab Sport. They also gave me $9200 for my trade-in, which was just under KBB. Only problem is the truck I wanted (Silver Sport) was not in stock. It should be in today or tomorrow right off the truck. I'm going crazy here with excitement and anticipation. Thanks for the info guys.
CONGRATS!!! and good job!
Send us pics when you get your new Taco!