1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Suspension

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Taco Taco Taco, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Mar 18, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    Taco Taco Taco

Taco Taco Taco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Vehicle:
    08' Tacoma 4.0L V6 6 Speed RWD SR5 PR (stock)
    New
    Hello All,
    I'm Mike, New to the Tacoma world. had a couple questions hoping any one can school me on a few subjects.
    I've noticed on a few Tacomas they had the baja bumper with the tires out about a couple of inches or so. my question is if the A-arms pop out the tires or if spacers are used. I'de figure if spacers were used it would be a problem with jumping or off-roading.
    Second; Cant find a baja bumper online that are for sale. only pictures. any one know if any shops that'll sell that in the Los angeles area,
    Thank you for your time.
    V/R TacoX3

2. Mar 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    What is a baja bumper?
    This?
    [​IMG]

Depends on how far out, to push tires out you could go Long Travel, it's expensive and noisy, but you will be able to easily jump your truck and have no damage when set up properly.
    Or you could go wheel spacers or different backspaced rims, but you shouldn't jump with them unless you went mid travel (less travel than long travel, but you stay with stock width arms).
    This is a nice mid travel build: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...ogs-2012-prerunner-access-cab-slow-build.html
    This is a nice long travel build: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...k-long-travel-4x4-double-cab.html#post8320060

3. Mar 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    Taco Taco Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Vehicle:
    New
    Thanks for the reply! Yea. Long travel. I did want to build up my tacoma for anything. But this truck looks nice with the mids. We're taking about A-arms? Ill google it. And the bumper is exactly hat im looking for. All I find is pics tho. Thanks for the help!

4. Mar 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    Jhodgman

Jhodgman ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 4x4 DCLB tacoma V6 TRD Sport
    5100 Bilstiens set at 1.75, progressive leaf pack, BFGs, All-Pro rear Bumper(white), Storm troopered out
    Try Searching for "Front Plate Bumper" there are very many places that sell this type of thing. if your looking for something exactly this style search on here for DTFtacoma (Dezert Toy Fabrications). they make some pretty cool stuff.

Also of you want a functional lift you may want to stick with mid-travel, but it depends on what you want to use the truck for.

5. Mar 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    Yeah, A-arms are the suspension out trucks have, you can have stock lenght or longer lenght (long travel).
    For mid travel all you have to do is switch out the upper control arm, and get extended travel coil overs, then mess with the rear suspension.

DTF and pelfreybilt make nice prerunner style (Baja style) bumpers, I'll get you some links to pelfrey and DTF when I'm out of class.

6. Mar 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
  7. Mar 19, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    Taco Taco Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Vehicle:
    New
    Thanks for all the help! You guys are awesome!

Products Discussed in

To Top