1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

considering buying a 2012 prerunner, any advice?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sgroz, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Mar 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    sgroz

sgroz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Allentown, PA
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD PRO AG
    I'm currently looking to get a 2012 V6 double cab prerunner that I found for sale at a local dealership. I've never owned a tacoma before so I'm hoping someone on here can provide some feedback on the truck, or if I can expect to run into any problems on this particular model. Some of the reviews I've read only for the 2012 models have been a somewhat concerning. The truck is listed just under $20,000 and has just over 50,000 miles which seems like a good deal (one owner). It has been in an accident but is certified pre-owned and has warranties. We get snow here, however my previous vehicle had 4WD which I hardly ever had to use which is why I'm not too concerned with the prerunner only having 2WD (I'd prefer the additional gas mileage). Any input is appreciated. I just want to make sure I'm not going to regret the purchase.

2. Mar 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    It's a great truck. Somebody drove the hell out of it the past two years! Look for all of the signs..Weird tire wear, body panel gap issues,noises, leaks. Anything that would show a wreck or abuse. Start the engine cold. Make sure it hasn't run that day and listen to the engine. See that it shifts O.K. There's an excellent chance that it's fine and will be for years.

3. Mar 25, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Banana Nut

Member:
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Limited Crewmax 6.5' 4x4
    Don't buy a prerunner. In all seriousness, unless your previous vehicles were pickup trucks with extremely light beds and no traction on the rear I'd stick with 4x4.

Products Discussed in

To Top