1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recently acquired an 05 Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by MFB2287, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Mar 31, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    MFB2287

MFB2287 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2005 AccessCab 4x4
    Hello all. I've just become a Tacoma owner. Picked up an 05 access cab a couple days ago from my local Toyota dealer. I've also been a big fan of toyota, going back to my first car, a 1974 Celica. My list of past and present toyotas include, 74 celica, 85 Mister2, 91 Supra, 96 Corolla, 99 corolla, 2002 Tundra, 2005 Tundra, 2010 Rav4 and now the 2005 Tacoma. When I stopped racing a few years ago, I no longer needed a truck so I sold my tundra. Now that spring is here and I want to do some work around the house, I started to miss the Tundra. Found a good deal on an 05 Tacoma with low miles so I bought it last Friday.

Turns out the truck has a couple minor problems: Only one key and a growling noise in the right front. The noise is either a CV, bearing or hub. I dropped it off this morning at the dealer so they can take care of it. The key is another issue. It is a black key with the remote entry fob. The key won't unlock the doors but will start the engine. I need to get that figured out.

Besides that, it is a great truck, clean, runs great and only 95k. It has many years of good service left in it.

Mark

2. Mar 31, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
  3. Mar 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM
    MFB2287

MFB2287 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2005 AccessCab 4x4
    Checked before I bought it. I can take it to the dealer once a year for them to inspect. They replace them as they find them. They replaced the frame on my brothers '01. Just got the truck back, they replaced the left from bearing and all is good. Dealer is cotacting previous owner to get more keys. If there are none, dealer is getting their locksmith to re-key the doors.

4. Apr 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    nofearracer

nofearracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southwestern R.I.
    Vehicle:
    05 AC 6 Spd SPORT
    Toytec ULK, 285/70/17, TSB Rear Leafs, fog light mod
    Welcome!! From a dealer, i would expect the doors and ignition to be the same key, also with a remote door unlock/lock thingamajig, or i wouldn't buy it. If i can buy a remote off ebay and program it to my truck i sure hope they can. Just saying. Also Toyota or maybe just most dealerships are not replacing 05 and up frames for free. Just came back today from my local dealer and they want to charge me $1000 deductible for my rotted frame. There is no recall and nobody knows if there will be one. Continuously spray INSIDE the entire boxed fame up front with any penetrating oil/grease through all the drilled holes you can find. Of course the rest of the frame and under body metal. Mine frame rotted from the inside out. Good luck bud

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top