1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello TacomaWorld!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TheIsland, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Apr 24, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    TheIsland

TheIsland [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cayman
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug
    URD FTC-1, AEM Failsafe wideband, Magnecor wires, NGK plugs, cat-less custom exhaust, EGR delete, tapped oil pan, my almost turbo'd taco looking for low in all the right places
    Hello all! I am coming here from customtacos. I've spent a few years there and they have really helped me! I hope that I can help or be helped here as well! My CT username is bottomedout and I've had my taco for almost 2 and a half years now and I love it! I got just about the best deal on a taco ever, I paid $900 for a 1998 regular cab 2wd with 190,000 miles. The only downside was that it had damage from hitting a deer and a giant gash down the side from going off of the road. Since then, I have completely fixed the front damage (firewall is still a little crooked, but hey nothing on it is perfect) but the gash is down the entire right side of the truck, so I think I'm gonna just live with it.

Before my grandfather passed away he had a 97 3rz 5spd that I loved, but by the time I was old enough to drive it had been wrecked. However, it did donate a nice bed cover which I had decided to ruin when I was in high school by putting a spoiler on! I have come to my senses since then and my dreams of race taco have started to fade, but I have every intention of dropping her like she's hot. Funds have finally gotten to a point where I can proceed to do just that and I plan on removing my bed to clean up the frame and install a 5/6 drop from Beefed Taco (on customtacos, I'm sure he has a profile of some kind here as well).

My only real issue is whether to put the bed back on at all! I have considered fixing the damage, but I've gotten used to the gash and I wouldn't mind doing a flatbed. I only have to be able to haul my FZ6R so the bed really does not have to be that big. Has anyone on here done a flatbed on a lowered mini? I'd love to see some pics to get me in gear for starting after the end of this semester. With finals coming up real soon, I'm really pumped to get started on my upgrades. Thanks for any help guys!

2. Apr 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    Welcome! :wave:

Good to see another local guy from IL!

3. Apr 24, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

Products Discussed in

To Top