Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello All Tacos

Old 04-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
New Guy
FunkytownTaco is on a distinguished road
FunkytownTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hello All Tacos

My name is Brent and I live in Fort Worth aka "Funkytown" Texas and I am new to the forum and to the world of the Tacos. I have had a couple of Toyota's in the past; a 1986.5 Supra (my first car), a 1995 Pearl White Supra (one of my favorite cars I have owned), as well as a Lexus IS300, but never a Tacoma until now. But I have always wanted one. I always figured I would eventually buy an older one and mod it out specifically to off road with, but I recently had the opportunity to buy a brand new 2014 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off Road and I jumped all over it. It is my usual driver so I was going to leave it stock for a while, at least until the BFGs that came on it were done, but then I started browsing TW and I caught the fever BAD!

I have only had the truck for about 5 months now and all I have done so far is install a pair of Rocky Mount SDs for my girl's and my mountain bikes, and just today installed a Truxedo Lo Pro QT folding tonneau cover. I uploaded pictures to my profile (I think) of how it looks with the cover closed and also rolled up with the bikes in the bed. The truck could definitely use a wash but I couldn't wait to share. I would like to go ahead and thank member "madisonsfinest" for asking the exact question I had about the bike mounts and cover, and member "BlueSteel" for posting excellent pictures illustrating his setup with the bikes and cover.

My future plans are as follows at this time:

- Remove stupid dealer badge ASAP.
- Ordered AEM air filter today, to be delivered.
- Also ordered today a set of 17" Black Rock 909 Type D's to put on the truck. Going to wrap some Goodyear Wrangler 265/70/17s on them to start with. I would like to give credit to member "Mademan925" for showing me how good these wheels and tires look. I don't mean to copy his style, but man that guy is doing it right in my opinion. Which is good for me because we have basically the same truck stock. Plus looking at his build page it looks like he is going to be upgrading his tires soon to bigger ones.
- Most likely will end up going with the Icon Stage 2 Suspension and Total Chaos UCA's at some point in the near future.
- I'm considering some good floor mats but can't decide between Weathertech and the 3d's.
- Also considering a bed mat, but not sure. I have the plastic bed liner from factory and now the tonneau cover so.... Just not sure what I want to do there yet.

That's as far as my immediate plans go for now. Once I get these things done I will consider other mods such as: custom grill, rear diff mod, maybe exhaust, maybe debadging and/or adding 4x4 emblem, maybe removing TRD stickers and adding TRD emblem to grill; and eventually maybe upgrading bumpers and/or bully bar or similar, possibly a winch, and skid plates and such.

Sorry for the long intro but I wanted to go ahead and put it all out there. When I get my new wheels and tires on I will start a build page of my own.

SO STOKED!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
71jgarcia is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
71jgarcia's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!