1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello All Tacos

Discussion in 'New Members' started by FunkytownTaco, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Apr 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    FunkytownTaco

FunkytownTaco [OP] L.I.V.I.N.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    LOTS OF MODS
    My name is Brent and I live in Fort Worth aka "Funkytown" Texas and I am new to the forum and to the world of the Tacos. I have had a couple of Toyota's in the past; a 1986.5 Supra (my first car), a 1995 Pearl White Supra (one of my favorite cars I have owned), as well as a Lexus IS300, but never a Tacoma until now. But I have always wanted one. I always figured I would eventually buy an older one and mod it out specifically to off road with, but I recently had the opportunity to buy a brand new 2014 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off Road and I jumped all over it. It is my usual driver so I was going to leave it stock for a while, at least until the BFGs that came on it were done, but then I started browsing TW and I caught the fever BAD!

I have only had the truck for about 5 months now and all I have done so far is install a pair of Rocky Mount SDs for my girl's and my mountain bikes, and just today installed a Truxedo Lo Pro QT folding tonneau cover. I uploaded pictures to my profile (I think) of how it looks with the cover closed and also rolled up with the bikes in the bed. The truck could definitely use a wash but I couldn't wait to share. I would like to go ahead and thank member "madisonsfinest" for asking the exact question I had about the bike mounts and cover, and member "BlueSteel" for posting excellent pictures illustrating his setup with the bikes and cover. :cheers:

My future plans are as follows at this time:

- Remove stupid dealer badge ASAP.
    - Ordered AEM air filter today, to be delivered.
    - Also ordered today a set of 17" Black Rock 909 Type D's to put on the truck. Going to wrap some Goodyear Wrangler 265/70/17s on them to start with. I would like to give credit to member "Mademan925" for showing me how good these wheels and tires look. I don't mean to copy his style, but man that guy is doing it right in my opinion. Which is good for me because we have basically the same truck stock. Plus looking at his build page it looks like he is going to be upgrading his tires soon to bigger ones.
    - Most likely will end up going with the Icon Stage 2 Suspension and Total Chaos UCA's at some point in the near future.
    - I'm considering some good floor mats but can't decide between Weathertech and the 3d's.
    - Also considering a bed mat, but not sure. I have the plastic bed liner from factory and now the tonneau cover so.... Just not sure what I want to do there yet.

That's as far as my immediate plans go for now. Once I get these things done I will consider other mods such as: custom grill, rear diff mod, maybe exhaust, maybe debadging and/or adding 4x4 emblem, maybe removing TRD stickers and adding TRD emblem to grill; and eventually maybe upgrading bumpers and/or bully bar or similar, possibly a winch, and skid plates and such.

Sorry for the long intro but I wanted to go ahead and put it all out there. When I get my new wheels and tires on I will start a build page of my own.

SO STOKED!!!

2. Apr 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    71jgarcia

71jgarcia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD
    Welcome to TW!!

3. May 1, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome to TW Brent :wave:

4. May 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member: