1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reading up on manual transmissions...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by pianoman8t8, May 14, 2014.

1. May 14, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    Bilstein 5100's, 285/75-16's, big steel front bumper, Jeraco mid-rise camper shell with rain gutter rail roof rack mounts 4ft cross bars, adjustable front upper control arms, small lift, cab corner delete, bed stiffeners, bed mat, yoga mat foam in tailgate grooves (knee saver), 84" roof cargo rack, uniden 980ssb with firestick antenna, wood sleeping platform on bed rail notches, led cab lights, chrome delete, 140mm computer fan on front camper top window.
    Hi all,
    New member this forum, but have done some reading up on the newer 6 speed manuals. A couple years ago I drove an '03 Ext Cab Tacoma V6 5-speed manual TRD Off Road, and loved it! Had somewhere over 150k miles, no issues at all besides rust. After reading up on all the issues people have been having with their 6 speeds, I got to wondering, would an older ('01-'04) 5-speed manual transmission from a 3.4 V6 Tacoma fit in to the '05+ V6 Tacomas?

The '03 Tacoma we had was awesome, don't have it anymore, but am looking for a newer one. Double Cab will have to be the way to go for us (family) but I'm undecided on 5' or 6' bed. I'd get much more use out of the 6' bed, but then again it doesn't come in manual trans. Or TRD Off Road (after 2010). Hmm.. Any thoughts on putting in a 5-speed manual from an '01-'04 V6 into a newer Tacoma? Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top