1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Taco World

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jam53016, May 22, 2014.

1. May 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    Jam53016

Jam53016 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Surrey BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 Crew Cab
    AVS Skin Hood Deflector, AVS in Channel Rain Deflectors, Plasty Dipped Taco Emblem front grill Aries Bull Bar
    Hey love the site. I just bought a 2013 double cab TRD long box 4x4. Good buy Chevy never go back lol.
    So what is the biggest tire size I can go with on a 3 inch leveling kit . I have heard so many diff things. Really do not want rubbing. Oh and I will post pics as I go.
    j

2. May 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    270wsm

270wsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Welcome frm AZ congrats on truck :) what color

3. May 29, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    SaltSlasher

SaltSlasher Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    04' Tacoma Reg. Cab 4x4
    Factory Upgrade Package's: -Alloy Split Star 5 Spoke -P265/70R16 Tires -Overfender -Hood Protector Add On's: -Black License Plate Cover -Heavy Duty Floor Mats
    I was looking at that myself. I read that stock tacoma like mine, 04 reg 4x4, that with a 3" body lift using those spacers, that you can fit 285/75r/16's, aka 33's, which is what I want, they are bigger than my stock 30's, but not too big. Some say they fit perfectly while others say you need to do a little work to prevent skidding.

I wanted to do that to my currently stock taco because the body lift is hella cheap, but someone told me I shouldn't have a 3" body lift, and then add suspension lift. Which I thought sounded dumb, but I was afraid to spend the little amount on the spacers, and then not be able to use them when I get me my Old Man Emu kit, or whatever kit I get.

Personally I have good enough clearance for anything normal, and that with 33's, I would be good to go. For my tires, it is a toss up between BF's T/A KO's, and Goodyear's Wrangler Duratrac. But I am waiting to find a sweet deal on some wheels first then going out and buy the tires.

4. May 30, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top