1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jeep guy, reformed to Toyota.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by m l ca, May 26, 2014.

1. May 26, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    m l ca

m l ca [OP] Tacoma Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, Base 4x4
    2 3/4 lift, rims & tires, 10k lb Superwich,
    Hello, I was always a jeep guy, no more. I have had my first Tacoma now for 6 months. The girlfriend and I built a camper in the back and went on a 18,000 km (11,200 mi) road trip from Moncton NB Canada to Tampa Bay FL to all over New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, then back to Moncton. I was very impressed with the Tacoma and now know that I will never own another jeep :)

2. May 26, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    Ritsui

Ritsui Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal Mountains
    Vehicle:
    Mostly stock
    CB, tailgate lock, bed lights, hood lights, console (back seat) 12v outlet, mtb mounts in bed.
    Sounds like an awesome trip. That's something I've still not yet done in my Tacoma.

As for Jeep... never say never. It's a pretty long road turning a Tacoma into a short wheelbase crawler... if that were something you wanted.

Welcome!

3. May 26, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    jsi

jsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    I too come from the land of Jeep. I've had my Taco for exactly one year today. Happy Birthday truck! I'm super happy with my truck. I bought it used and in the year I've owned it exactly nothing has gone wrong. I can't say that about the Jeep, there was always something that needed fixing.

But, if finances were different, I would buy another TJ in a heart beat. The Jeep is easily modified for off road, the Tacoma, well not so much. And there is really nothing better than top and doors off on a nice spring day.

All in all, I can't see a future without a Tacoma in it, but I'd love to tow a built up Jeep to the trails with it.

4. May 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    RosenbeD

RosenbeD Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Holland, MI
    Vehicle:
    Silver SR5 ACC cab 4x4
    Bilsteins set at 1.75 1.5 AAL Wheels and tire 20% window tint
    I have been in the Jeep world for many years but sold my beloved 98 TJ after 12 years of ownwership. I loved that Jeep and I thought I would never sell it but it was time for something different. Always had great respect fot Toyota so pulled the trigger on the Tacoma. I believe Jeep to the better off road vehicle but Toyota to be more reliable. If I could afford both I would have each.

5. May 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    m l ca

m l ca [OP] Tacoma Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, Base 4x4
    2 3/4 lift, rims & tires, 10k lb Superwich,
    Short wheelbase is nice, but not my top priority. I am more of an over-lander. Started into the 4X4 world around 2002 with a 1996 Cherokee sport with all the regular upgrades. After having that rig stolen twice and damaged severely the second time, I moved into a 98 Chev 1500 that couldn't seem to stay running long enough to make it to the woods all that much. From there moved to a 1999 Grand Cherokee that finally succumb to my abuse and road salt about 7 months ago. Mechanically what I have seen of the Tacoma so far, I like.

Products Discussed in

To Top