1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey guys!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by surchk, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Jul 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    surchk

surchk [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SurchK
    Queens, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    Midway 9001z CB, More to come
    Hey everyone.

About to pull the trigger on a 2nd gen taco for sale at a dealer. Reason im going with a dealer is because I would rather them handle the paperwork with the loan ill need rather than doing that myself and buying from a private party.

Anyway. I soon hope to have an 06' Double cab short bed taco in Speedway Blue. Not my first choice in color, but it reminds me of grabber blue for the mustang haha.

I have a quick question before I purchase it. I did a quick search and didnt find a buyers guide, and I didnt see a buyers guide stickied anywhere. Ill keep searching but the main things I wanted to know, is what should I do when I actually go and check out the truck?

Im gonna pop the hood and check mainly for any fluid leaks, is there anything else I should visually be looking for? Are there any particular sounds I should be listening for?

Itll be a 2006 DCSB V6 SR5. It will have approx 99,900 miles on it. Ran a carfax and looks like ill be the 5th owner, aside from that everything else looks good, it looks likes its been maintained well (based on the carfax anyway) Once again ill be doing some more searching on for forums in the meantime.

Thanks again!

2. Jul 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    surchk

surchk [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SurchK
    Queens, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    Ended up going to a dealer and financing this truck.

[​IMG]

Looks great drives great and has been an an excellent change from my Impreza WRX. So far the only things I have done has been to order LED upgrades for the interior lights. My next project would be an alarm install after that hopefully I can start are some of the more fun mods that are out there.

Ultimately I am interested in having it supercharged, still debating on the URD or TRD SC's and whether or not I really need a supercharger, then again, who DOESNT want a supercharger ;)

Looking forward to browsing the forums more and learning as much as a I can about this truck.

cheers.

3. Jul 14, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Nice truck! Welcome!

4. Jul 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    BAMS

BAMS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Access
    Nice truck! Good luck with it and have fun with the mod's

5. Jul 14, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    BobReck

BobReck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2014 Blue Ribbon TRD Sport DCLB
    Fuel Lethal 17x9s, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3s, Icon stage 4 lift with billet UCAs, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Nerf Bars, OEM Bed Extender, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, OEM Skid Plate, WeatherTech In-channel Wind Deflectors, Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite Tonneau, Pop&Lock Electric Tailgate Lock.
    Nice truck. I love speedway blue and wish it was still available. Welcome to the forums.

6. Jul 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Congrats on your new truck!!

Yup the super charger sure makes the truck fun to drive. :)

7. Jul 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    JRzdcsb4x4

JRzdcsb4x4 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma Sport
    Nice color. Welcome to TW !

8. Jul 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    surchk

surchk [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SurchK
    Queens, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Wow, excellent truck. Rides so smooth. Looks great for having 3 owners. Paints in excellent condition and theres very minimal rust from what I can see, for it being a New York truck anyway. I feel right at home in it since I used to drive a 2003 4runner Limited before I got my Impreza WRX.

Excellent color, it really pops compared to the cars im looking at while im driving around. If I ever am able to afford a brand new tacoma later on in life, I will get the paint code and have a new one painted Speedway Blue if it is still not offered at that point.

Haha from the videos ive seen, the super charger really seems to make this a fun truck to drive. Thats probably last on my list of priorities thought :( but it is definitely something I want to get done.

9. Jul 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    BobReck

BobReck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2014 Blue Ribbon TRD Sport DCLB
    Fuel Lethal 17x9s, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3s, Icon stage 4 lift with billet UCAs, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Nerf Bars, OEM Bed Extender, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, OEM Skid Plate, WeatherTech In-channel Wind Deflectors, Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite Tonneau, Pop&Lock Electric Tailgate Lock.

I've got a 2014 in Blue Ribbon on its way to my dealer right now. Special order from the factory. For years I've wanted to get a Taco and have always wanted Speedway Blue. I see them quite often. But alas I waited a little too long. Blue Ribbon has really grown on me and it would be my choice no matter what. I'm a blue car/truck freak. I'm really hoping mine comes in this week, but it will most likely be next week. The waiting sucks!

Bob

10. Aug 15, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    It really brings the truck to life!

Products Discussed in