Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hey guys!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
surchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to all
Name: SurchK
surchk's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys!

Hey everyone.

About to pull the trigger on a 2nd gen taco for sale at a dealer. Reason im going with a dealer is because I would rather them handle the paperwork with the loan ill need rather than doing that myself and buying from a private party.

Anyway. I soon hope to have an 06' Double cab short bed taco in Speedway Blue. Not my first choice in color, but it reminds me of grabber blue for the mustang haha.

I have a quick question before I purchase it. I did a quick search and didnt find a buyers guide, and I didnt see a buyers guide stickied anywhere. Ill keep searching but the main things I wanted to know, is what should I do when I actually go and check out the truck?

Im gonna pop the hood and check mainly for any fluid leaks, is there anything else I should visually be looking for? Are there any particular sounds I should be listening for?

Itll be a 2006 DCSB V6 SR5. It will have approx 99,900 miles on it. Ran a carfax and looks like ill be the 5th owner, aside from that everything else looks good, it looks likes its been maintained well (based on the carfax anyway) Once again ill be doing some more searching on for forums in the meantime.

Thanks again!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
surchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to allsurchk is a name known to all
surchk's Tacoma Gallery
Got it

Ended up going to a dealer and financing this truck.

Looks great drives great and has been an an excellent change from my Impreza WRX. So far the only things I have done has been to order LED upgrades for the interior lights. My next project would be an alarm install after that hopefully I can start are some of the more fun mods that are out there.

Ultimately I am interested in having it supercharged, still debating on the URD or TRD SC's and whether or not I really need a supercharger, then again, who DOESNT want a supercharger

Looking forward to browsing the forums more and learning as much as a I can about this truck.

cheers.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Welcome!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #4
BAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prime BEEF
Name: Ray
BAMS's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Good luck with it and have fun with the mod's
Old 07-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new truck!!

Yup the super charger sure makes the truck fun to drive.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
JRzdcsb4x4 is a glorious beacon of lightJRzdcsb4x4 is a glorious beacon of lightJRzdcsb4x4 is a glorious beacon of lightJRzdcsb4x4 is a glorious beacon of lightJRzdcsb4x4 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: John
JRzdcsb4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice color. Welcome to TW !
Old 07-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
surchk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Wow, excellent truck. Rides so smooth. Looks great for having 3 owners. Paints in excellent condition and theres very minimal rust from what I can see, for it being a New York truck anyway. I feel right at home in it since I used to drive a 2003 4runner Limited before I got my Impreza WRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobReck View Post
Nice truck. I love speedway blue and wish it was still available. Welcome to the forums.
Excellent color, it really pops compared to the cars im looking at while im driving around. If I ever am able to afford a brand new tacoma later on in life, I will get the paint code and have a new one painted Speedway Blue if it is still not offered at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Congrats on your new truck!!

Yup the super charger sure makes the truck fun to drive.
Haha from the videos ive seen, the super charger really seems to make this a fun truck to drive. Thats probably last on my list of priorities thought but it is definitely something I want to get done.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
BobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to allBobReck is a name known to all

Name: Bob
BobReck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surchk View Post
Excellent color, it really pops compared to the cars im looking at while im driving around. If I ever am able to afford a brand new tacoma later on in life, I will get the paint code and have a new one painted Speedway Blue if it is still not offered at that point.

I've got a 2014 in Blue Ribbon on its way to my dealer right now. Special order from the factory. For years I've wanted to get a Taco and have always wanted Speedway Blue. I see them quite often. But alas I waited a little too long. Blue Ribbon has really grown on me and it would be my choice no matter what. I'm a blue car/truck freak. I'm really hoping mine comes in this week, but it will most likely be next week. The waiting sucks!

Bob
Old 08-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #10
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surchk View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Wow, excellent truck. Rides so smooth. Looks great for having 3 owners. Paints in excellent condition and theres very minimal rust from what I can see, for it being a New York truck anyway. I feel right at home in it since I used to drive a 2003 4runner Limited before I got my Impreza WRX.

Haha from the videos ive seen, the super charger really seems to make this a fun truck to drive. Thats probably last on my list of priorities thought but it is definitely something I want to get done.
It really brings the truck to life!