1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HellllllllooooOOOOO fellow Taco friends!!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Bubby, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Jul 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    Bubby

Bubby [OP] NRA Benefactor & Golden Eagle

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Warren, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Anytime on fog lights, IBS-DBS w/ RBM (Intelligent Battery System-Dual Battery System w/ Relay Booster Module), 2-Optima Yellow Top's, Flush Mounted Backup Lights (in bumper), Westin Winch Tray & Bull Bar, 13,000lb Viper Recovery Winch w/ 85' of Dyneema Synthetic Winch Line, In Cab Winch Controls, 2-Cab Mounded Flash Lights, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Multimedia Indash Navigation, K&N CAI 63-9025, Flowmaster Series 50 Muffler w/ 409s Stainless Steel Exhaust (single exit 2 1/2" in & 3" out & black powder coated tip), Train Airhorn (K3LA's), Orange Rigid Work Box/Tool Box, 5 gallon airtank, Viair 450C compressor, 2 Smittybilt 5 gallon Gerry Can Mounts, 2 Rampage 5 gallon Gerry Can Trail/Tool Boxes, Fire Extinguisher, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Stampede Bug Shield (Mossy Oak Pattern), Toytec lift w/ Bilstein 5100's all around, 265/75-R16 Toyo Open Country M/T's, Pro-Tech Headache Rack (satin black powdercoated), Locking gas door mod (eAreEyeSee's design), CBI Ditch Light Brackets, 2x3 led light pods by Cali Raised LED, cab mounted Smitty Bilt Trail Ax, 4x Innovations Ax and Shovel Mount w/ Quickfists, and MANY MORE TO COME...
    Hey guys/gals, I am new here and this is my first post. I have frequented this site and all you folks for years for ideas, research and most importantly; DO'S and DON'TS! A real brief history of how I have come to this point in my Taco ownership. Ever since the very 1st Taco was introduced to the world, both my Father and I were enamered! In '98 my Father purchased his 1st Taco (2wd single cab 5spd). Dad traded off his "starter" truck for an '02 Taco (4wd XCab LB Auto). In '04 I joined the party with an '04 4dr SB Auto. After only doing a few mods to my '04, the Gen 2's BURST onto the seen!!! Both Dad and I knew right then that we HAD TO have one, immediately if not sooner!!! Sometime between January and February of '06 we both went to my "car guy", an independent auto broker and placed our custom orders.

On Halloween Day of '06 I received my; '06 4wd DC LB Auto! A short time later on Christmas Eve my Dad took delivery of his '06 4wd Access Cab LB Auto. Things were AWESOME n we were loving life. In '10 I was pulling into a parking spot when somehow my gas pedal stuck and my truck went up and over the concrete parking spot stopper and right into an oak tree! It was bad...VERY BAD!!! TOTALED...totally TOTALED! Just shy of: $13k.

Unfortunately due to circumstances and the economy at the time, I had NO JOB and subsequently no way to get back in the Taco game. (Thank the Lord Almighty for Gap Insurance) I have been Tacoless since then. On August 14, 2013 my Beloved Father succumbed to complications of liver cancer. Dear GOD I miss him; I miss him so much!!! As fate would have it, my Father willed his prize possession to me; His '06 4wd Access Cab LB Auto. It has taken quite a while for me to feel ok enough to do a few mods to, "Papa's Truck". I am not a serious "Offroader" or whatnot, I just use my trucks to get me into the deep back country for hunting, hiking, camping...outdoor stuff. I put all of the goodies on that I removed from my truck on, "my inheritance".

It is now time for me to begin the planning for future mods. I am truly looking forward to getting to know all you folks!!! I live outside of Portland, Oregon in Warren. For those of you that don't know, Warren Oregon is not even a dot on the map along Hwy 30 between Scappoose and St. Helens. I sure hope to meet some folks that live nearby!!!

Take care my new friends, may the Good Lord be with you at all times!!!

2. Jul 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW.

3. Jul 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome to TW :wave:

4. Jul 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    :thumbsup:Welcome to TW!

Sorry on your loss, glad you regain strenght and moved forward.

Good luck on your mods

5. Jul 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    Bubby

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Warren, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Anytime on fog lights, IBS-DBS w/ RBM (Intelligent Battery System-Dual Battery System w/ Relay Booster Module), 2-Optima Yellow Top's, Flush Mounted Backup Lights (in bumper), Westin Winch Tray & Bull Bar, 13,000lb Viper Recovery Winch w/ 85' of Dyneema Synthetic Winch Line, In Cab Winch Controls, 2-Cab Mounded Flash Lights, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Multimedia Indash Navigation, K&N CAI 63-9025, Flowmaster Series 50 Muffler w/ 409s Stainless Steel Exhaust (single exit 2 1/2" in & 3" out & black powder coated tip), Train Airhorn (K3LA's), Orange Rigid Work Box/Tool Box, 5 gallon airtank, Viair 450C compressor, 2 Smittybilt 5 gallon Gerry Can Mounts, 2 Rampage 5 gallon Gerry Can Trail/Tool Boxes, Fire Extinguisher, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Stampede Bug Shield (Mossy Oak Pattern), Toytec lift w/ Bilstein 5100's all around, 265/75-R16 Toyo Open Country M/T's, Pro-Tech Headache Rack (satin black powdercoated), Locking gas door mod (eAreEyeSee's design), CBI Ditch Light Brackets, 2x3 led light pods by Cali Raised LED, cab mounted Smitty Bilt Trail Ax, 4x Innovations Ax and Shovel Mount w/ Quickfists, and MANY MORE TO COME...
    Thx you all! I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

6. Jul 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    Rubio92

Rubio92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    '04 Prerunner IMPULSE RED
    Projector Retrofit in sig LED's galore inside and out Painted black stock alloys
    Hey man! :wave: Glad to have you back on board!

7. Jul 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
    Howdy from Hillsboro. Make sure you subscribe to the OR/WA BS thread.:thumbsup:

8. Jul 24, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    Bubby

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Warren, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Thx so much for the heads up!!!

9. Jul 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    Bubby

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Warren, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    jammdogg,

my daughter and I are down by Shute Park off of TV Hwy right now! just did some back to school supply shopping! Good times; right?! Take care in the Burrito!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top