1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fh pu21115 seat covers

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Timmuh365, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jul 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    Timmuh365

Timmuh365 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Prerunner
    Ok so i have a brand new 2014 prerunner trd sport package. Im pretty much a believer in no carpet and roll up windows because i use a truck as a truck not ride around in and look pretty. I just dropped 32k on a tacoma with a lifetime power train warranty and decided if I'm gonna have it forever i would try to preserve its condition as best i could. Keeping the seats from ripping and getting filthy from dog etc was a priority. With that said i got on the internet to buy seat covers....holy sheet...not cheap. So i found these covers on Amazon for 49.99, seemed reasonable enough, I'm sure not the best but protection none the less.
    Problem 1) steering wheel cover doesnt come close to fitting
    Problem 2) the headrest sits just below the seat line creating "dog ears" at top...not just straight across as the seat cover is designed. The seat covers will not fit.
    As far as quality, you get what you pay for. The synthetic leather isnt bad for the cost. The back of the cover is a thin material like that of a cheap pair of pantyhose. While this may offer adequate protection up front, when you have a bored 5yr old kicking the back of your seat i dont think the pantyhose will put up much of a fight.
    Currently im returning the covers and shopping for a different brand, anyone have any ideas? Any input will be helpful.

2. Jul 30, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
  3. Aug 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    Timmuh365

Timmuh365 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Prerunner
    Thanks! Ill give it a shot and let you know when i get some.

4. Aug 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    AndyTaco

AndyTaco ACLBFTMW

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Waco, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 ACLB V6
    "Raptor Style" grill mod, aftermarket wheels, 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities, TRD Shoulder pads on seat belts, no mud flaps, AVS Hoodflector bug shield *removed*, Dee Zee Ultrablack Bull Bar w/ license plate mount, dipped my fuel door for no reason, N-Fab Spare tire mount w/ full size matching spare, dipped eyelids onto my headlights for no reason, dipped my hood for no reason
    Welcome to TW :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top