Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Taco and new to the forums

Old 08-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
grillmaster is on a distinguished road
grillmaster's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco and new to the forums

Just wanted to introduce ourselves.

Proud owner of a 2014 Tacoma, V6, 5 speed Automatic Transmission - Double Cab, SR5 with TSS sport package in blue ribbon metallic, SMC Inner Bed liner with Deck Rail System. Love the Class IV (6,500) tow package, coupled with the engine/transmission cooling systems. Had the driver & passenger windows tinted. The rest of them were already that way (smoked glass).

On order:
  • Weathertech floor liner/mats
  • slybracket no-drill front license plate holder
  • 2" ball-mount with a 2" drop for small ATV trailer
Attached Thumbnails
New Taco and new to the forums-20140730_094840.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
AndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
AndyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Love blue ribbon, looks clean. Hated that ugly blue they used to have.. What was it called again?
Love to see some pics
Old 08-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTaco View Post
... Hated that ugly blue they used to have.. What was it called again?
Love to see some pics
Speedway Blue. Just looked it up and I agree with you. (big grin)

Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
AndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmaster View Post
Speedway Blue. Just looked it up and I agree with you. (big grin)

Hmm, looks like a different color there - Either way, not a fan.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 08-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTaco View Post
Hmm, looks like a different color there
The second picture is a different color, it was Toyota's color blue around the 2010 time-frame. The first picture I posted of our taco is the current 2014 Toyota's' color blue named blue ribbon. I like it alot with the almost purple hue it has.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
TW 1%er
Ghost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Raymond
Ghost.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thats sexy
Old 08-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #8

Quote:
The second picture is a different color, it was Toyota's color blue around the 2010 time-frame. The first picture I posted of our taco is the current 2014 Toyota's' color blue named blue ribbon. I like it alot with the almost purple hue it has.
I know I know - that sounded like I was dissing your color. LOVE your color, but the RaceWay blue looked different from the ugly blue I was thinking of.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #9
Heres another picture, the day of delivery at the dealership.

Recently received:
  • Weathertech floor liner/mats (black)
  • slybracket no-drill front license plate holder (Note: 4 day delivery from Hawaii to Texas .. impressive)
  • 2" ball-mount with a 2" drop for small ATV & trailer
Attached Thumbnails
New Taco and new to the forums-20140731_170304.jpg  
Old 08-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFMast View Post
Those rims tho
I happen to think they look great .. plus they aren't the basic plain stock wheels as in the speedway blue truck posted above within this post.

Glad you approve Sean (big grin).
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #12
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Looking Good Brother and Welcome

I have the "blue in the middle" - Nautical Blue..used in 12 & 13. I prefer your Blue Ribbon. Mine has a purple tint in certain light....but overall I love it. And I like the stock Texas edition rims...probably the best looking stock rim on ANY truck.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #13
Quote:
slybracket no-drill front license plate holder (Note: 4 day delivery from Hawaii to Texas .. impressive)
License plates arrived today and both my son and I rushed to install them using the no-drill license plate bracket from www.slybrackets.com

For someone who is not mechanically inclined, the photos on the website coupled with the printed instructions which accompanied the brackets, were enough for this old guy to install them literally in 2 minutes. As advertised, it's sturdy and solid!

Excellent job and cudos to www.slybrackets.com for such a fine product.