Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Loving my new 09 Taco DC

Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
bebopblues has a spectacular aura aboutbebopblues has a spectacular aura about

bebopblues's Tacoma Gallery
Loving my new 09 Taco DC

Hello fellow Taco lovers!

First of all, I'm not a truck guy at all, but I absolutely love my new 2009 Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed PreRunner SR5.

For years, I always thought it looks awesome and wanted to buy one. Back in 2006, I test drove one and loved it. But I ended up getting a Scion TC because it had better gas mileage and was a lot cheaper than the Tacoma DC.

Pass forward 3.5 years later and now I have the Scion paid off, so I finally bought the Tacoma that I always wanted. It looks awesome and I couldn't be happier. It had a $1500 discount and I paid 25K OTD, maybe not the best deal, but it's not bad. I'm not the greatest at wheeling and dealing.

I'm looking for a tonneau cover but I might save that for another thread. Any suggestions are welcomed. Here's a picture of my new Taco DC.

I've always been a Toyota guy so here are my other Toyotas:

2006 Scion TC. This car was awesome for the price. I paid 21K OTD and it came with nice wheels, ground effects body kit, TYC tail lights, MP3 player with Bazooka 8" subwoofer, and a bunch of features that you don't usually expect in cars in this price range. The TC is my commute car and it gets about 30 MPG. I like car and it was worth every penny.

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo. This is my baby. It is 18 years old but still runs great. The only problem is the AC stopped working. But the engine runs fine. I don't drive it as much any more but I will never sell it.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! So do i get a prize for finding waldo? Pretty cool backround pic.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
Bookem is on a distinguished road

Bookem's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Check out www.autoanything.com to get an idea on some tonneau covers and what they will cost.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rides. That MR2 looks in great condition. Paint looks flawless. Can't wait to see that tacoma 10 years from now. Welcome to TacomaWorld!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the forum!!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Go spurs btw!:d
Old 04-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw. nice looking rides.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #13
bebopblues has a spectacular aura aboutbebopblues has a spectacular aura about

bebopblues's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all for the welcomings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
Welcome to TW. Check out www.autoanything.com to get an idea on some tonneau covers and what they will cost.
I'm still at lost to what tonneau cover I wanna get, but I'm leaning toward the BakFlip G2, despite mixed reviews about it. It's the only one that meets my criteria, which is folding or retractable, hard surface with security lock, allows 100% use of the bed, and water resistance to keep the bed dry.

I'm not liking autoanything.com. Their prices are not great and their coupons are nearly worthless. Anyone know the best prices for a BakFlip G2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayet_10 View Post
Go spurs btw!:d
I'm sorry, but they might not make it pass the Mavs this year. No Ginobili, no chance.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #14
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the WORLD