1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SE MI Silverado driver looking to join the club

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sickofchevy, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Sep 13, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    sickofchevy

sickofchevy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    MI
    Greetings,

Been driving Chevy for over 20 years, first a 91 Beretta GT, then an S10, now a 2003 Silverado that's nearing EOL. Pretty sure a 4x4 Tacoma is in my future.

Any purchasing suggestions? Would love to avoid paying full boat retail.

Toyota.com says .mil or recent college grads can get a discount, but I'm just a mid-40s employed white guy with bad knees who couldn't get in the .mil if I wanted. College was 20 years ago.

Oh, and good vendors for aftermarket stuff in SE MI would also be good to know. Probably getting a topper, maybe other stuff.

Scott

2. Sep 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    VenturaSuperMagna

VenturaSuperMagna Loving Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Go Rhino D2 Stainless Steel steps, Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover, in bed battery powered Led light, Pop and lock power tailgate lock, keyed locks for all 5 storage compartments, in window channel rain deflectors, front hood bug deflector, weather tech floor mats. More to come...
    Scott, I did a ton of research through sites like Truecar and cars.com. Checkout CarBuyingTips.com. I have used their system and advice several times and done very well. Most recently I purchased my 2015 4X4 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport with Navigation for $30,500 roughly $4,500 below the sticker they had on it. I had to hunt for a dealer willing to work with me as most said MSRP minus $200... BS! I kept working the internet/Fleet managers until I found one and the dealership I bought at is about 15 miles from my house.

Products Discussed in

To Top