1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

black hole headlights

Discussion in 'New Members' started by richardabbott, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Apr 20, 2009 at 5:58 AM
    richardabbott

richardabbott [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just purchased a 2008 Access Toy last month, I hate the headlights. There's what I call "The black Hole" in the lightbeam of the headlights. The lightbeam is the opposite of what they should be, all the light surrounds the spot where the beam should be. On foggy nights, all the fog is lit up around the area where the lightbeam should be, making visibility difficult to see safely. Lowbeam is brighter and better than the highbeams. Wondering if anyone else has this same problem and if there is a fix?

I traded my '97 T100 for the 2008 Tacoma, the T100 had a 25 gallon tank if I remember, the Tacoma has a 21 gallon tank. 16 mpg for the T100, 18 mpg for the Tacoma is an improvement, but I now make more trips to the gas station, 4 gallons makes a big difference. has anyone found a larger capacity tank yet?

2. Apr 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    you should get the alignment in the headlights checked. mine light up almost all of the road and on high beam they cover everything...check out the bulb itself to see if someone screwed it up putting it in.

oh and welcome to tw!

3. Apr 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    JWWPHOTO

JWWPHOTO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westlake, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Pre-Runner w/ TRD packag
    I might be wrong, but I think the bulbs are made in a fashion where the light cannot come out from the end, hence the black / grey material on the end. The light is reflect off the side of the bulb so it will reflect off the inside of the headlamp housing. That same bulbs design is common in many of the imports.

BTW, I have an 08 Double Cab Tacoma and never noticed what you describe. Try replacing the lamps an see if that changes anything....

That's my $ .02,

Jeff

4. Apr 20, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock