1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New HeadUnit install causes electrical issue with 7.5a ignition relay

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dukelynch, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Oct 6, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    Dukelynch

Dukelynch [OP] New Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2011 Long Bed Red DC Tacoma
    New Stereo Head Unit, Alpine Power Amplifier, RV Electronic brakes
    Hello all, in my 2011 Long Bed Tacoma, I recently installed a new Kenwood Headunit, a new Alpine Power amplifier and 4 new Pioneer Speakers all around. System sounds great when its running OK, however I now have a small electrical problem with the 7.5a fuse to the ignition relay switch located behind the small change compartment under the dash.

This 7.5a ignition fuse powers the ignition relay to allow power to the stereo, side view mirrors, clock and power outlets when ignitition is turned on. It is the yellow wire that is connected to my headunit. Problem is, it seems to shut off and on frequently, however not trip the fuse ever. In fact if I simply touch the top of this 7.5a fuse under the dash with my finger it turns on and off again. It seems to me that my install of my headunit or:( Amp loosened up a wire somewhere or my ground is now faulty perhaps? I have checked my connections to all my new gear and all seems OK.

I cannot see anything under the dash that may explain this. Anyone have the same experience or ideas on how can I find this short?

Thank you in advance.

Products Discussed in

To Top