Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New member in AZ ready to get a Taco!?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
$exy_Dirty is on a distinguished road
$exy_Dirty's Tacoma Gallery
New member in AZ ready to get a Taco!?

Hello fellas, I found this forum looking at tacomas on google, Is this the main/biggest forum for Tacomas? Anyways I don't have one yet, but most likely will be getting one by the end off this week, as soon as I sell my chrysler 300. I don't know much about trucks, but I believe that Tacoma will be the best, since its made by Toyota.

Im not going to be using this truck for any heavy duty stuff, the heaviest package its going to carry is my stunt bike, maybe 2. No more than 700 lbs total for both. Now my question is: Do I really need a v6 or can I get by having a v4? buddy of mine has an older cheavy S10 v4 truck and it hadndles two bike in the back just fine, but when I took an 09 v6 Tacoma for a test drive, I was somewhat disaponted in how fast it accelerates, way slower than my Touring Chrysle 300 that is also a V6.

Im looking into getting a used one 05 and UP, Access Cab, I didnt know that you could get a V4 with an access cab too thats nice Has there been any significant changes 05 through 09 that make a huge impact if any?

Thanks for any info In advance I know I have ton of question just like any other new blood in the business.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

1. Tacomas are the best
2. Get the V6 or you'll regret it later.
3. It's an I4 not a V4...
4. Trucks aren't built for speed - they're for utility... don't expect it to be a hotrod.
5. 05-08 Tacomas are pretty much the same. 09 had some changes like LED tails, auto LSD, RSCA, Sat radio, aux input, etc.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Welcome to TW

1. Tacomas are the best
2. Get the V6 or you'll regret it later.
3. It's an I4 not a V4...
4. Trucks aren't built for speed - they're for utility... don't expect it to be a hotrod.
5. 05-08 Tacomas are pretty much the same. 09 had some changes like LED tails, auto LSD, RSCA, Sat radio, aux input, etc.
Note taken on v6... please forgive me for an ignorant question whats the difference between i4 and v4?

Just making sure that newer one didn't come with like better engine or what not, any big upgrades, I don't care much about little things here and there

thanks for your info.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
As Im exploring this forum I came across this thread, and there are a few sick looking 4 cylinder Tacos: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...er-pics-6.html I have noticed that some have color matched front bumpers and the gril trim, I like that. Is that something people do on their own or they come like that from factory? Also I see that some have this plastic looking trim over.... not sure what to call that, goes over the wheel trans, makes the truck look way better, is that also factory or aftermarket? thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by $exy_Dirty View Post
As Im exploring this forum I came across this thread, and there are a few sick looking 4 cylinder Tacos: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...er-pics-6.html I have noticed that some have color matched front bumpers and the gril trim, I like that. Is that something people do on their own or they come like that from factory? Also I see that some have this plastic looking trim over.... not sure what to call that, goes over the wheel trans, makes the truck look way better, is that also factory or aftermarket? thanks

Color matched means its a "sport edition"
Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
jilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud ofjilly07 has much to be proud of

jilly07's Tacoma Gallery

Hi, Welcome
Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
hey nice to see AZ folks in here thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestion: Go to the dealership and compare. What we say hear won't give it justice. Besides, you should look at the option packages available on the 09 so you know what you're getting with an 05, 06, etc. Dude, either way, you'll love the truck.

WELCOME TO TACOMA WORLD!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
medic is on a distinguished road
Navy: Flight Deck Director
medic's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the TW

Kingman, AZ here.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Suggestion: Go to the dealership and compare. What we say hear won't give it justice. Besides, you should look at the option packages available on the 09 so you know what you're getting with an 05, 06, etc. Dude, either way, you'll love the truck.

WELCOME TO TACOMA WORLD!
yeah I know right? Better try once than hear it 1000 times... but this dealership next to my house, in AZ called "Right Toyota" is bunch of homos, lying sons of *****, sorry. Anyways I went there to trade in my chrysler 300 for a tacoma, and I even told the salesman I want to take a tacoma home with me that night, the guy didn't seem to be very interested in making a sale, I guess he never really tried to sell me the car, I was pushing him around, asking questions, different features, asking him to show me his inventory and take a car out for a test drive... That sack of shit also told me that there were no 4 cylinders access cabs made, and that I couldn't have the matching color bumper with a non v6, So I guess that was the only attampt he made to upsell me on a v6, then I asked him how long he has been working there for, incase he was new or something, he said over 10 year.. haha the guy lost a sale and I drove my 300 home instead. After that I figured that I will find the best info on forums not stealerships, I dont even want to buy a brand new car anymore, because they always find a way to screw me over..

PS I know that there are other sale peps, and different dealerships, but I just don't have enough time to deal with their crap. Plus I would feel gulty loading in my busted up stunt bike, throwing oily parts in the back of new 09 taco
Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe check out RiverView Toyota. Its a decent dealer ship. The folks at Wright are idiots. Just as bad as CamelBack Toyota.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!!!