1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stopping in to Say Hello from Northeast Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New Members' started by bobank, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Oct 18, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    bobank

bobank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Nutting Lake MA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 DCSB Silverstreak Mica
    New Frame, Leer Cap, Vent Shades, Timbren's, Interior LED's, Fluid Film, Royal Purple.
    You guys have a great thing here. I have been looking at all the mods and tweaks and I am very impressed. I Just bought a "new to me" 2006 Tacoma after my 175k Silverado started to get get swiss cheese disease on the frame. I've been driving pickups since the late 1980's. I'm reasonably impressed with the Tacoma and all the mods. I like to tinker, so it looks like I'm going to have a lot of fun with this truck. My biggest concern right now is securing the cargo area for my tailgating, golf and fishing equipment. Right now I am trying to decide between a cap and a hard bed cover. I'm sure there has been discussion on that here as well, so I'm off in search mode!

Got to make a sig line...

Bob

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Oct 18, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    Welcome to TW! Nice rig!

3. Oct 18, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Welcome to TW!!

4. Oct 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    LegitGreenTaco

LegitGreenTaco Photosynthesis.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Regular cab base A/C fixed now.
    Westin lights, Westin Light bar holder, New front bumper, Custom floor matts, Steering wheel cover, board in bed to keep groceries from rolling around, new radio, New flat bed cover.
    Personally I would go with one of these (or similar) look I found a similar tacoma to yours, fyi this is not my tacoma I dont own this pic. I found it on google. one of these (or similar)because it look nice and you would not have to worry about yore stuff getting stolen out of the bed. Or you could put a westin light bar and lights on the front bumper like what I did for a cheap easy mod. [​IMG]

5. Oct 18, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Welcome, I'm also in Mass, central to be more precise. Here's a good thread to look at different cap options.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13598

Personally, I went with a bestop which is a soft and collapsible cap option. I use my bed for various uses and to me this was the most versatile for me while giving me the most dry protected storage when needed.

Happy moding:cool:

6. Oct 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    bobank

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Nutting Lake MA
    Vehicle:
    New Frame, Leer Cap, Vent Shades, Timbren's, Interior LED's, Fluid Film, Royal Purple.
    Thanks for the welcome! I don't have a garage and I am a golfer, fisherman, hunter and football fan. I have to keep my E-Z-Up, folding chairs, golf clubs... You get the picture. My last three trucks ('86 Ford Ranger, '92 Ford F150 Extended Cab, Long Bed, 5.8L and '00 Chevy Silverado 1500, Extended Cab, Three door, 4.6L) had caps on them and I will probably go with another cap. Just gotta do a little OT to pay for it, lol.

7. Oct 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    bobank

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Nutting Lake MA
    Vehicle:
    Just Realized that I messed up my location on my profile, meant to put "Northeast of Boston, MA" I will have to fix that.

Products Discussed in

To Top