1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen taco keeps me wrenching

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Combustiondoctor, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Oct 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    Combustiondoctor

Combustiondoctor [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've had a couple of yotas before my current 09 reg cab. My first was an 89 xcab with a 3.slow. I broke it in half trying to be Robby gorden, but it had 260,000 mi. The next was a 2000 xtra cab trd with 33" pro comp xterrain. I blew the head gasket in that after splitting the radiator and driving it many miles out of the woods. 170,000 mi on that one with no other problems except my stupidity. After I swap out the motor I sold it for a more family friendly ZJ jeep. Then I moved to Maine. The state with draconian inspection laws. My jeep could not pass inspection due to a high decibel level on my full header back exhaust. So I sold it and bought a 2nd gen Tacoma with 62,000 mi. It now has 97,000 mi So far I've replaced the drivers side rear leaf pack twice and passenger side once. Drivers side hub bearings and seals and now passenger side bearings are shot. These trucks are suppose to take a beating but for some reason they're not.

Products Discussed in

To Top