1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Story for your enjoyment.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by old1940tacoma, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Dec 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    old1940tacoma

old1940tacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    NYS
    Vehicle:
    1948 roadrunner
    none
    I bought my first NEW car, a COROLLA IN 05, it was an 06. My last truck was a used 1974 GMC Jimmy, bought in 75... today it would be called a full size SUV. It was totally rotted out by1980 at 45000 miles. In 2012 I decided on a Tundra, but after test driving one, never got around to it because an old neighbor's son had a salesman's plaque up on the wall at a local Chevy dealer. I hunted him up and ended up with a 2012 Silverado. Now in 2014 after 21000 miles, babying it, the front inside tires are really worn and they roar at 50 mph. The warrantee does not cover this even though the front end had to be our of wack from the get-go. Today I told them my next truck will be a Tundra and my next car, an Avalon. Point here really is only to tell you that I took the Silverado to a tire place today to have Bilstein shocks installed to raise the front end, and they didn't know how to re-position the clips without that special tool. So I checked this forum, by chance, and one of your members said something like Common, used your fingers.

THANKS, that works, thought it would in the first place. But didn't move on it. Now, do I take my truck back to that place to install the shocks?

Products Discussed in

To Top