1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just got my permit & got me a Tacoma for my first truck!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by redneckprincess, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Dec 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    redneckprincess

redneckprincess [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bailey
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    2in skyjacker lift
    Got a 2009 Speedway Blue Tacoma, it's my first truck but I learned how to drive on my grandpa's old standard Tacoma at the lease! I plan on putting 295's on my Tacoma (little bigger than 33's) but have heard there's a lot more to it than just getting a 3 in lift, so needing help on what I'm going to need to do?

2. Dec 28, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    04trd

04trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 f150 lariat
    weather techs, 20precent tint, leveling kit, back flip bed cover, rhino liner
    So first of all try the search button you can learn a ton from that and second read read read! I have always looked at things like this. I don't have the money to do it twice the wrong way. So I always do as much research as I can and do it right the first time and not have to worry about it. But congrats on the new truck! And watch out this site gets very expensive.

3. Dec 28, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    Aerial Tacoma

Aerial Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    Kodiak Ak
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Catback, Original HomerTaco Raptor Grill, TRD Trail Teams "Black", Duratrac 265/75/16, ALL PRO apex rear bumper, Retrofits W/ BHLM halos and deamon eyes
    Nice and welcome! Like 04TRD said do the reaserch, pays off in the long run. Throw up some pics when u get mods done to it!

4. Dec 28, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    Tjkearney33

Tjkearney33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X
    Welcome i have my permit to and recently got a Tacoma. Congrats on the truck hope you find out what you need to learn.

5. Dec 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    Explor

Explor Don’t take the trip ... let the trip take you

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    TRD valve stem caps , A Chimney & Back up camera. , Cooper STMaxx 255/80/17, SCS Dark Bronze wheels, , bed matt, weathertech floor liners and bug deflector , flyzeyez dash and glove box light , Best Top supertop, Brute Force Sliders , Bumpers ,KC back up lights, vent shades, tinting, superwinch 9.5 , Factor 55 winch thimble , KC ditch lights , BAMF IFS skid plates , Tepui Ruggedized RTT , Awning , Bed light kit , Hood Struts , Camburg UCAs ,Bud built gas skid , all pro differential skid , cbi jerry can holder , 15lb CO2 Tank , URD short shift , Defined engineering shackle bolt crossmember, Clazzio seat covers , 4:56 Nitro gears , ARB rear locker, CMKA12 compressor. Super Bump Stops, Bushwacker Flares , CBI bed rack , king resi front 700# , OME Dakar, Bilstein 6100's 10" light bar diode dynamics , AV monster fogs , TC bed reinforcement brackets , TC spindle gussets w swaybar Yeasue Ham , cb
    Welcome and congrats on your truck , permit , and accepting all the safe responsibilities that come with it .
    I would post on here what you "want" to do against popular opinion on what you " should " do according to your budget .... Like stated above , one thing leads to another , to more $$$ .
    My suggestion would be to keep it mostly stock symmetrical, paint rims or small comfort mods , to give it your own personal touch ... Coolness...and just enjoy getting around safely on your own. Exploring ....
    Easy does it
    Sorry if I sound like some sort of party pooper Balley , but we all had to crawl , walk , first , later on try running . If you get carried away too quickly you may do something that will cause more harm than good to your truck , then you will spend more money on correcting the problem .... To me , that just takes all the fun out of Just Having Fun. *:)*

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top