1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

another new member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mtbmike, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    mtbmike

mtbmike [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    worcester
    Vehicle:
    supa white!
    just bought a toyota cert 2011 tacoma access, sr5. Coming from a mazdaspeed3... this will be my 3rd tacoma. love the 6 speed standard.
    super white.. wife is not thrilled with that cause she has a bright white fiesta.
    and she's not thrilled it's a standard (like my speed was) because she won't drive those! haha. perfect. MY truck. it's not my first choice of color but i couldn't find a better deal anywhere around... 27k miles and $23,500.

can't wait to pick it up and get out of this death trap 04 taurus i'm driving right now...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    Welcome to TW

3. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    lemons

lemons LOCO 4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC Offroad 4X4
    Icon coil overs W/King 14 inch 700lb springs and super bump bump stops, Allpro Expo leaf springs, Allpro Ubolt kit W/timbren Bump stops, Dif Drop Kit, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Badges painted Rust-Oleum bed liner, Color Matched TRD Sport Grill W/Grille Craft Insert, TRD seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Flyzeye's , fog light anytime mod, ABS Off mod, ATO skid plates, ATO rear H/C bumper, BAMF sliders w/kick out, CBI front bumper, Engo 10000lb winch, Rigid D2 foglights, Piaa 510 fog lights, cobra CB w/firestix antenna, AFE snorkel
    Welcome to TW and now hide your wallet

4. Dec 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    mtbmike

mtbmike [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    worcester
    Vehicle:
    supa white!
    wallet=closed/
    the little woman will need time to get over this initial shock of another standard. poor girl, i had stupidly said i might buy an auto because i drove a used 09 trd that was apparently beat to hell, and i didn't like the shifting one bit. i was looking mostly at 06-08s, money-wise, but the frame rust stories scared me off that. spend 10k more than planned but got a sweet truck that i'm gonna love. i always keep vehicles 7-10 years, sometimes choose a car but i seem to keep coming back to tacomas! i had a brand new 97, grey v6 standard, then later bought a used 02 or thereabouts, black v6 auto
    also, back around 1980 i had a blue 4 wheel drive toyota pickup, i has bought it used, so probably like a 1970 or so? you guys think you've seen rust? hahahaha. that was a standard too i still remember the skinny little shifter.

however i have some of the old speed3 stuff to sell off on craigslist and i'm thinking i want some black wheels for the tacoma by springtime. looking forward to moding this baby to make it mine.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top