1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to purchase a used Tacoma!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 2tall, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Jan 10, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    2tall

2tall [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Madison Lake, MN
    I'm a new member at your great forum here. I'm in the process of researching and reviewing used Tacoma's. For sure I will be purchasing one with the 6 cyl. engine, does anyone else have any suggestions or help in narrowing down my options. Great forum you have here, keep up the good work. Also, what kind of life can I expect out of a Tacoma?

2. Jan 10, 2015 at 6:16 AM
    mad monk

mad monk Well-Known Member

Member:
    mid atlantic
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD SR5 DCLB
    basics - westin nerf bars, extang tonno audio - JVC HU w/ axxess interface mod misc - screen cover for cabin air intake. Weathertech floor mats front & rear.
    pay attention to the frame recall years, you may want to shy away from them.

3. Jan 10, 2015 at 6:22 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
    Welcome to TW Steve! Everyone's reason for getting a truck differs so Toyota made a few packages. The TRD option basically provides improved bilstien shocks. The off-road package does add some extra features like locking rear differential and a few other features depending on year of truck. You don't see a lot of "Limited" tacos around, they basically have leather and nice interior options. Regardless of the package you get might catch a bug (like the rest of us) to modify your truck to the your own style. So IMO, since you can change out your suspension, and tune your engines performance the key for your selection will be things that you can't easily change out. For example, 4 wheel drive, short bed vs. long bed, V6 or I4, manual or automatic. The V6 is worth it for the power. I have a short bed which is pretty good, but now kinda wish I had a long bed for more utility. Four wheel drive is a must if you do a lot of off roading or live in an area that snows, but if you only occasionally hit a trail, two wheel drive and good tires can take you almost anywhere. Hope this helps, have fun!

4. Jan 10, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    lionsm13

lionsm13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Black Hills SD
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5
    WTF and what were you looking at to buy?
    I didn't catch that?

Products Discussed in

To Top