1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New but not too new

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Williz, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Oct 26, 2007 at 4:04 PM
    Williz

Williz [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    It's a base model. I bought it slightly used (cheap) and fixed it up with many upgrades.
    Keystone after-market hood w/scoop & painted to match, Autosdepot after-market chrome grille, Rostra cruise control & clutch switch, Eagle Eyes LED tail lights, Pilot PL362W fog lights w/halo color rings, Black Horse bull bar, Truck Parts 411 nerf bars, 3" Procomp lift kit w/ front diff drop
    I joined a week or so ago. I bought a barely used 05 Taco a couple of months ago and have been making quite a few mods. I've been referencing Tacomaworld during the process of making those modifications. This board was very helpful! I liked it so much I had to become part of it. Thanks for all the help!

My Pics:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/3074/cat/500

2. Oct 26, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    Silver_Jim

Silver_Jim Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma DCOR
    got pics?

3. Oct 26, 2007 at 6:11 PM
    Williz

Williz [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    It's a base model. I bought it slightly used (cheap) and fixed it up with many upgrades.
    Keystone after-market hood w/scoop & painted to match, Autosdepot after-market chrome grille, Rostra cruise control & clutch switch, Eagle Eyes LED tail lights, Pilot PL362W fog lights w/halo color rings, Black Horse bull bar, Truck Parts 411 nerf bars, 3" Procomp lift kit w/ front diff drop
  4. Oct 26, 2007 at 6:27 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Wow, you've been busy. That's alot of mods to do in 2 months. It looks good. I really like the tail lights. How much are they? I've never heard of the Black Horse bull bar. Lot's of chrome...I like it too.

5. Oct 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM
    Williz

Williz [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. Yeah, I've been pretty busy, but now it's ready for the winter. The tail lights were a little pricey ($170) at http://stores.ebay.com/K2motor but I was pleased with the way they turned out. The photo does not do them justice. The black horse bull bar http://www.blackhorseoffroad.com/ was a real surprise... it was high quality and affordable. It's nice to be done.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Oct 29, 2007 at 8:44 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Nice looking truck. you have alot of good pics up in you're gallary

7. Oct 31, 2007 at 6:31 PM
    Williz

Williz [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the comments. Likewise, you have a nice gallery. The mud situation looked a little gnarly. I particularly like the color of your truck coupled with the tinted windows. Looks clean and mean.

8. Nov 1, 2007 at 5:21 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Williz - Sorry I am getting to this late, but I missed this thread...

Welcome to TW!

I love all the mods you've done to your truck!

The fog lights - are they blinglights?

Your tires, the Destination A/Ts, I had them on my old suburban. How are they on the Tacoma (I have an Access Cab as well).

Have you done any engine mods?

How much did you pay for the hood?

Gorgeous truck - Cheers!

9. Nov 1, 2007 at 9:24 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I already made this comment in your gallary but i'll go ahead and repeat myself. The fog lights look great. I'm typically not a big fan of "flashy" mods like that but the blue halo looks really cool and most importantly unique.

Thanks for the compliments, i love a black truck with black windows, i'm tying to go black with everything. And yes, the mud situation was pretty gnarley. i need a tire upgrade and to be sober next time :)

10. Dec 13, 2007 at 6:48 PM
    Williz

Williz [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Mark -- sorry for the severe tardiness. Been away for a while. Yep fogs are from blinglights.com. The Destination tires are absolutely awesome. I live in Colorado and got to test them out on snow and ice this week and they performed far beyond my best expectations. I was amazed. They also do very will in wet conditions. Highly recommend them-priced very well also. The hood was ~300 + paint job. Total damage was $1k. A little pricey, but I'd do it again. No engine mods as of yet. Any recommendations?

11. Dec 14, 2007 at 4:52 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Since my last post, I went ahead and bought some Destination A/Ts. You are correct - these things are awesome.

On your blinglights, are they 4" or 5" lights? I ask because they list both on ebay. I have heard that most people are getting the 4" light, but I am trying to figure out if the 5" light actually works.

Engine mods: I recommend (but haven't tried myself) the URD Mass Air Flow Calibrator, URD Wideband tuning module, AFE Dry-Foam intake (drop-in), remove secondary Air Filter (I did this. Check my signature.), and either MagnaFlow or Flowmaster exhaust. Those are the least expensive mods you can do to the 2.7L engine that give you the best gains.

Currently, I have removed the Secondary Air Filter and put in a AFE Drop-in Oil Gauze air filter. I was going to do some more mods, but I am looking at dropping a turbo diesel engine into my Tacoma.

Cheers!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Dec 18, 2007 at 6:47 PM
    Williz

Williz [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll research them.

They are the 4" lights. My truck had no fog lights to begin with-the holes were occupied by the plastic blanks. The lights I got from Blinglights were the correct lights, but the brackets would not fit on my truck. So, I had to take a trip to Lowe's and buy some metal and make some additional brackets. It worked, just took more time than I wanted to devote. The results are worth it. I'm really happy with them.

Products Discussed in

To Top