Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New but not too new

Old 10-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Williz is on a distinguished road

Williz's Tacoma Gallery
New but not too new

I joined a week or so ago. I bought a barely used 05 Taco a couple of months ago and have been making quite a few mods. I've been referencing Tacomaworld during the process of making those modifications. This board was very helpful! I liked it so much I had to become part of it. Thanks for all the help!

My Pics:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...r/3074/cat/500
Old 10-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Silver_Jim is on a distinguished road
Silver_Jim's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Silver_Jim Send a message via Yahoo to Silver_Jim
got pics?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you've been busy. That's alot of mods to do in 2 months. It looks good. I really like the tail lights. How much are they? I've never heard of the Black Horse bull bar. Lot's of chrome...I like it too.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #5

Williz's Tacoma Gallery
LED lights and black horse bull bar

Thanks. Yeah, I've been pretty busy, but now it's ready for the winter. The tail lights were a little pricey ($170) at http://stores.ebay.com/K2motor but I was pleased with the way they turned out. The photo does not do them justice. The black horse bull bar http://www.blackhorseoffroad.com/ was a real surprise... it was high quality and affordable. It's nice to be done.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck. you have alot of good pics up in you're gallary
Old 10-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #7

Williz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the comments. Likewise, you have a nice gallery. The mud situation looked a little gnarly. I particularly like the color of your truck coupled with the tinted windows. Looks clean and mean.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Williz - Sorry I am getting to this late, but I missed this thread...

Welcome to TW!

I love all the mods you've done to your truck!

The fog lights - are they blinglights?

Your tires, the Destination A/Ts, I had them on my old suburban. How are they on the Tacoma (I have an Access Cab as well).

Have you done any engine mods?

How much did you pay for the hood?

Gorgeous truck - Cheers!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williz View Post
Thanks for the comments. Likewise, you have a nice gallery. The mud situation looked a little gnarly. I particularly like the color of your truck coupled with the tinted windows. Looks clean and mean.
I already made this comment in your gallary but i'll go ahead and repeat myself. The fog lights look great. I'm typically not a big fan of "flashy" mods like that but the blue halo looks really cool and most importantly unique.

Thanks for the compliments, i love a black truck with black windows, i'm tying to go black with everything. And yes, the mud situation was pretty gnarley. i need a tire upgrade and to be sober next time
Old 12-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #10

Williz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Williz - Sorry I am getting to this late, but I missed this thread...

Welcome to TW!

I love all the mods you've done to your truck!

The fog lights - are they blinglights?

Your tires, the Destination A/Ts, I had them on my old suburban. How are they on the Tacoma (I have an Access Cab as well).

Have you done any engine mods?

How much did you pay for the hood?

Gorgeous truck - Cheers!
Mark -- sorry for the severe tardiness. Been away for a while. Yep fogs are from blinglights.com. The Destination tires are absolutely awesome. I live in Colorado and got to test them out on snow and ice this week and they performed far beyond my best expectations. I was amazed. They also do very will in wet conditions. Highly recommend them-priced very well also. The hood was ~300 + paint job. Total damage was $1k. A little pricey, but I'd do it again. No engine mods as of yet. Any recommendations?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Since my last post, I went ahead and bought some Destination A/Ts. You are correct - these things are awesome.

On your blinglights, are they 4" or 5" lights? I ask because they list both on ebay. I have heard that most people are getting the 4" light, but I am trying to figure out if the 5" light actually works.

Engine mods: I recommend (but haven't tried myself) the URD Mass Air Flow Calibrator, URD Wideband tuning module, AFE Dry-Foam intake (drop-in), remove secondary Air Filter (I did this. Check my signature.), and either MagnaFlow or Flowmaster exhaust. Those are the least expensive mods you can do to the 2.7L engine that give you the best gains.

Currently, I have removed the Secondary Air Filter and put in a AFE Drop-in Oil Gauze air filter. I was going to do some more mods, but I am looking at dropping a turbo diesel engine into my Tacoma.

Cheers!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #12

Williz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll research them.

They are the 4" lights. My truck had no fog lights to begin with-the holes were occupied by the plastic blanks. The lights I got from Blinglights were the correct lights, but the brackets would not fit on my truck. So, I had to take a trip to Lowe's and buy some metal and make some additional brackets. It worked, just took more time than I wanted to devote. The results are worth it. I'm really happy with them.