1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Taco this summer

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Taco-NB, May 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB [OP] MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Lease is up on my 05 Civic in 2 months. I've been looking at a lot of different options for a new vehicle and when I test drove the Tacoma I fell in love! I'm torn between the 4cyl 4x4 Manual SR5 and the 6cyl 4x4 Auto. SR5. I've got size 12 shoes and I felt that the toe of my shoe was hitting the angled clutch pedal arm. I figure that I would be able to get used to it (hopefully). I'm probably going to purchase the 4cyl because of the better MPG. I'll use it mostly as a commuter car between home, the office and the golf course.

Got the civic up for sale hoping that someone will buy it so I can get out of the lease earlier to purchase the Taco!! I've always wanted a pickup. I'm worse than a kid LOL. :D

Hope to be on here more often after my purchase.

Cheers.
    :cheers:

2. May 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Welcome!

3. May 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM
    Rangerpeterson

Rangerpeterson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Welcome.... I wouldent get the 4 banger..... the 6 cylinders get pretty good mpg. Every new car/truck/bike you drive/ride feels a little strange at first. You'll get used to it. It get the manual. When I first got my taco I felt so strange in it. Just give it time now my truck is like my second home.... or first???? :rolleyes:

4. May 2, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    V6 FTW! Seriously, you'll enjoy having more power and not having to worry as much about engine strain.

5. May 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM
    Kyoujin

Kyoujin More Cowbell!

Member:
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Vehicle:
    Waiting for my car lease to end in October.
    First thing will be the stereo and an OBA system so I can get those air horns installed. Giggity!
    Howdy. How did we get ourselves into this mess? I'm stuck in a lease on my 06 Accord that won't be done till October! I know I want the double cab for the kiddo's, preffer a long bed for when I do need to haul stuff....maybe my motorcycle if it will fit in there...don't know...it's a big'un. :) I am concerned about MPG though.....so I don't know if I want a 4x2, a prerunner or a 4x4. More research is definately needed! Good luck. :)

Josh

6. May 2, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    i wear a size 12 and i have the 4cycl 4x4 manual, i have no trouble with hitting the clutch arm, i have gotten to wear 98% of the time i hit the pedal with the ball of my foot, the only problem is when i am wearing flip flops the bottom sometimes catches just a bit but that does notdo anything significant, its just slightly annoying but i've gotten used to it

7. May 2, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    if you dont live wher it snows i would sugest a prerunner if you want to go offroad a little but not a lot and just the 4x2 if its a daily driver

8. May 2, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    Kyoujin

Kyoujin More Cowbell!

Member:
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Vehicle:
    First thing will be the stereo and an OBA system so I can get those air horns installed. Giggity!
    No, not a lot of snow here in central Texas. LOL. When it ices though it gets pretty damn bad though. I may get more into offroad if time and money permit....I do miss rock climbing, although I don't know if the Taco is well suited for that or not.

9. May 2, 2009 at 7:49 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Welcome to TW, good luck on the sale.
    Hope to see you around. :cheers:

10. May 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    LOL ... I'm not sure how we got ourselves into this mess. Just about every time I get into my Honda I think .. Why did a guy my size buy such a small car!! Then when I drive past the gas pump without filling up I remember why.

Yea I figured it probably wouldn't be a problem. It was happening once on a while when I would take my foot off the clutch and move it to the left towards the foot rest, some times my toe would catch the clutch pedal arm. I probably wasn't moving my foot over far enough ...

Anyway ... I keep flipping back and forth between the two vehicles. The V6 would be sweet because of the extra power but I'll probably go with the 4cyl 4X4 for my first taco.

I'm in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick) and we get A LOT of snow here. I had about 15' piled beside my driveway this winter. Got stuck at least 3 times in my Civic. I SWEAR that it won't happen again so I'm going for the 4x4 truck :D

Cheers.

11. May 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Civic Si would be nice too! On the other hand a new Tacoma is a great alternative. Hmmm... V6 though. Welcome to TW.

12. May 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    I've got a woman coming over to look at my Civic on Thursday and another on Saturday. If I can sell it I will be in a Taco this month (fingers crossed).

Now I'm thinking "screw the damn gas prices ... I'm getting a V6 Access Cab 4x4". :D Could change my mind again by the end of the week though LOL.

13. May 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    :woot:

V6 Access cab 4x4 FTMFW!!!! Don't change your mind!

14. May 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM
    Kyoujin

Kyoujin More Cowbell!

Member:
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Vehicle:
    Sounds nice. I need a quad cab though for the kids....that seat just isn't big enough back there for her IMO. I just can't decide if I want 4x4 or a Prerunner.....

Oh yeah almost forgot. Good luck with the sale.....and if you do sell it and get your Taco sooner...you suck! ;) LOL I've resigned myself to my fate of having to wait till October.....it's only 5 more months...I can wait.....right? RIGHT?!? AAAAARG!!! I WANT MY TACO TOO! :(

Josh

15. May 5, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
    welcome to TW, i have a 4X4 manual, see nothing wrong with the power. i did test drive a v6, did feel like a bit more power! if u r driving alot, & not really hauling anything then go with the 4cyl., but if ur going to hauling alotta stuff, with a trailor, then the v6 might be ur best option! good luck on ur purchase!

16. May 7, 2009 at 2:16 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

17. May 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    OK .... Some dude and his wife asked me to bring my Civic over to their house so they could have a look at it because they don't have a car. My first reaction was to say "screw you" but, before the words could get out of my mouth, I changed my mind and decided to drop by there tonight and see what happens. I'm probably wasting my freekin' time!

18. May 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    I don't think that guy has any money and I doubtful that he could get financing.

It wasn't a completely wasted trip. I did get coffee (Tim Horton's) while I was out.

Oh well .... live and learn. :D

19. May 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    Still haven't sold my Civic and I can't take it any more .. LOL.

I was considering purchasing a Ford Ranger because they are offering a $6000 discount right now. I test drove a couple of them and I was THISSSSS close to going out to buy one tomorrow. I was looking at a Sport 4X4 until my wife came home tonight and said, "I saw a Ford Ranger Sport today and it had these awful looking fender flares on it. They had holes where the bolts go through to hold them in place. It looked awful. The truck your thinking about buying doesn't have those does it?" :eek: Also, when I brought an XLT home yesterday for her to look at (the XLT doesn't have the fender flares) she said "hmmmm ... it's nice but the Tacoma looked better". The comment tonight was the final straw!! :mad:

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning to talk prices with them. My wife bought a Rav4 from them a little while back. Hopefully I can get the financing for the Tacoma. :eek::eek:

I don't tow anything so I think I'm going with the 2.7 4X4 Access cab. I'll report back later tomorrow.

20. May 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    Kyoujin

Kyoujin More Cowbell!

Member:
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Vehicle:
    Good luck brother. I'll be jealous until I can get mine in October! Already getting parts together for my mods. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top