Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Taco this summer

Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco this summer

Lease is up on my 05 Civic in 2 months. I've been looking at a lot of different options for a new vehicle and when I test drove the Tacoma I fell in love! I'm torn between the 4cyl 4x4 Manual SR5 and the 6cyl 4x4 Auto. SR5. I've got size 12 shoes and I felt that the toe of my shoe was hitting the angled clutch pedal arm. I figure that I would be able to get used to it (hopefully). I'm probably going to purchase the 4cyl because of the better MPG. I'll use it mostly as a commuter car between home, the office and the golf course.

Got the civic up for sale hoping that someone will buy it so I can get out of the lease earlier to purchase the Taco!! I've always wanted a pickup. I'm worse than a kid LOL.

Hope to be on here more often after my purchase.

Cheers.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.... I wouldent get the 4 banger..... the 6 cylinders get pretty good mpg. Every new car/truck/bike you drive/ride feels a little strange at first. You'll get used to it. It get the manual. When I first got my taco I felt so strange in it. Just give it time now my truck is like my second home.... or first????
Old 05-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
V6 FTW! Seriously, you'll enjoy having more power and not having to worry as much about engine strain.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
More Cowbell!
Kyoujin is on a distinguished road

Kyoujin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyoujin
Howdy. How did we get ourselves into this mess? I'm stuck in a lease on my 06 Accord that won't be done till October! I know I want the double cab for the kiddo's, preffer a long bed for when I do need to haul stuff....maybe my motorcycle if it will fit in there...don't know...it's a big'un. I am concerned about MPG though.....so I don't know if I want a 4x2, a prerunner or a 4x4. More research is definately needed! Good luck.

Josh
Old 05-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
i wear a size 12 and i have the 4cycl 4x4 manual, i have no trouble with hitting the clutch arm, i have gotten to wear 98% of the time i hit the pedal with the ball of my foot, the only problem is when i am wearing flip flops the bottom sometimes catches just a bit but that does notdo anything significant, its just slightly annoying but i've gotten used to it
Old 05-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #7
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoujin View Post
Howdy. How did we get ourselves into this mess? I'm stuck in a lease on my 06 Accord that won't be done till October! I know I want the double cab for the kiddo's, preffer a long bed for when I do need to haul stuff....maybe my motorcycle if it will fit in there...don't know...it's a big'un. I am concerned about MPG though.....so I don't know if I want a 4x2, a prerunner or a 4x4. More research is definately needed! Good luck.

Josh
if you dont live wher it snows i would sugest a prerunner if you want to go offroad a little but not a lot and just the 4x2 if its a daily driver
Old 05-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #8
More Cowbell!

Kyoujin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
if you dont live wher it snows i would sugest a prerunner if you want to go offroad a little but not a lot and just the 4x2 if its a daily driver
No, not a lot of snow here in central Texas. LOL. When it ices though it gets pretty damn bad though. I may get more into offroad if time and money permit....I do miss rock climbing, although I don't know if the Taco is well suited for that or not.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoujin View Post

Josh
LOL ... I'm not sure how we got ourselves into this mess. Just about every time I get into my Honda I think .. Why did a guy my size buy such a small car!! Then when I drive past the gas pump without filling up I remember why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
i wear a size 12 and i have the 4cycl 4x4 manual, i have no trouble with hitting the clutch arm, i have gotten to wear 98% of the time i hit the pedal with the ball of my foot, the only problem is when i am wearing flip flops the bottom sometimes catches just a bit but that does notdo anything significant, its just slightly annoying but i've gotten used to it
Yea I figured it probably wouldn't be a problem. It was happening once on a while when I would take my foot off the clutch and move it to the left towards the foot rest, some times my toe would catch the clutch pedal arm. I probably wasn't moving my foot over far enough ...

Anyway ... I keep flipping back and forth between the two vehicles. The V6 would be sweet because of the extra power but I'll probably go with the 4cyl 4X4 for my first taco.

I'm in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick) and we get A LOT of snow here. I had about 15' piled beside my driveway this winter. Got stuck at least 3 times in my Civic. I SWEAR that it won't happen again so I'm going for the 4x4 truck

Cheers.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Civic Si would be nice too! On the other hand a new Tacoma is a great alternative. Hmmm... V6 though. Welcome to TW.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a woman coming over to look at my Civic on Thursday and another on Saturday. If I can sell it I will be in a Taco this month (fingers crossed).

Now I'm thinking "screw the damn gas prices ... I'm getting a V6 Access Cab 4x4". Could change my mind again by the end of the week though LOL.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic

V6 Access cab 4x4 FTMFW!!!! Don't change your mind!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #14
More Cowbell!

Kyoujin's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds nice. I need a quad cab though for the kids....that seat just isn't big enough back there for her IMO. I just can't decide if I want 4x4 or a Prerunner.....

Oh yeah almost forgot. Good luck with the sale.....and if you do sell it and get your Taco sooner...you suck! LOL I've resigned myself to my fate of having to wait till October.....it's only 5 more months...I can wait.....right? RIGHT?!? AAAAARG!!! I WANT MY TACO TOO!

Josh
Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #15
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
welcome to TW, i have a 4X4 manual, see nothing wrong with the power. i did test drive a v6, did feel like a bit more power! if u r driving alot, & not really hauling anything then go with the 4cyl., but if ur going to hauling alotta stuff, with a trailor, then the v6 might be ur best option! good luck on ur purchase!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #17
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
OK .... Some dude and his wife asked me to bring my Civic over to their house so they could have a look at it because they don't have a car. My first reaction was to say "screw you" but, before the words could get out of my mouth, I changed my mind and decided to drop by there tonight and see what happens. I'm probably wasting my freekin' time!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that guy has any money and I doubtful that he could get financing.

It wasn't a completely wasted trip. I did get coffee (Tim Horton's) while I was out.

Oh well .... live and learn.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #19
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Still haven't sold my Civic and I can't take it any more .. LOL.

I was considering purchasing a Ford Ranger because they are offering a $6000 discount right now. I test drove a couple of them and I was THISSSSS close to going out to buy one tomorrow. I was looking at a Sport 4X4 until my wife came home tonight and said, "I saw a Ford Ranger Sport today and it had these awful looking fender flares on it. They had holes where the bolts go through to hold them in place. It looked awful. The truck your thinking about buying doesn't have those does it?" Also, when I brought an XLT home yesterday for her to look at (the XLT doesn't have the fender flares) she said "hmmmm ... it's nice but the Tacoma looked better". The comment tonight was the final straw!!

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning to talk prices with them. My wife bought a Rav4 from them a little while back. Hopefully I can get the financing for the Tacoma.

I don't tow anything so I think I'm going with the 2.7 4X4 Access cab. I'll report back later tomorrow.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
More Cowbell!

Kyoujin's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck brother. I'll be jealous until I can get mine in October! Already getting parts together for my mods.